Can't perform functions in manual

Posted By adhocgroup 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
adhocgroup
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (611 reputation)Veteran Member (611 reputation)Veteran Member (611 reputation)Veteran Member (611 reputation)Veteran Member (611 reputation)Veteran Member (611 reputation)Veteran Member (611 reputation)Veteran Member (611 reputation)Veteran Member (611 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
I'm trying to follow the instructions in the CrazyTalk Animator 2 manual. First of all, they seem to be written for the Windows version and I use Mac. But it isn't really clear what my standard version can and can't do. Every once in a while the manual shows PRO, indicating that that action isn't available for standard version users. But most of the instructions don't indicate that they are a PRO version feature. Yet, I can't figure out how to do any of them. For example, I'm trying to change arm and body positions. One of my characters has fallen to the ground (heart attack) and my rescue character runs in and kneels behind him. So far, so good. 

Now I want the rescuer to turn the man on his back, or at least for him to roll over, and for her to do compressions on him. That means changing arm and hand positions and bobbing up and down. I can't find any way to do these things. Are they not available in the standard version? The comparison list isn't specific enough (or I need a glossary) to say these actions are or aren't available in the standard version.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Unfortunately the Standard version of CrazyTalk Animator 2 does not support 3D Motion Editing. You will only be able to create and edit 2D motions.

I would advise spending a little time going through the basic CTA2 tutorials available HERE to get a better understanding of the animation options. You can also find additional information in the "7 Ways to Generate Body Movement" chapter of the Online Manual and in particular the "Using The Body Key Editor" for 2D animation.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

adhocgroup
adhocgroup
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (611 reputation)Veteran Member (611 reputation)Veteran Member (611 reputation)Veteran Member (611 reputation)Veteran Member (611 reputation)Veteran Member (611 reputation)Veteran Member (611 reputation)Veteran Member (611 reputation)Veteran Member (611 reputation)

I don't have wifi access sufficient to watch online videos. I've downloaded the ones that came with the standard program last week, but it's deceptive in that it gives the impression that those instructions relate to the standard version. Instead they relate to something I don't have. Until they fix our wife (if ever) online videos are out of the question. 

I would think that the compression activity, basically rocking with her knees as a fulcrum to simulate compressions, would be a 2D activity. 

Thanks for pointing out where I can find those instructions in the manual. Sometimes it isn't clear how much info following a PRO box relates to just the PRO version, or if any of it relates to the standard version. I'll see what I can do with those chapters. 
animagic
animagic
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
@adhocgroup: You can try a tool such as keepvid to download the videos to your computer.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

adhocgroup
adhocgroup
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Hi animatic. I'll check out keepvid and if it works for Mac, that might be a good solution once our wifi is up and running, again. But for now, even downloading would take as much bandwidth as watching. I may have to go sit near the library. Thanks
animagic
animagic
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
keepvid is web-based so it should work for the Mac as well. I hope you get your Wifi sorted out soon!

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

adhocgroup
adhocgroup
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Web based is good. I wish I were in control of the wifi. I'm looking at one of those unlimited Verizon plans, but I still don't know how legitimate they are. 

Reading This Topic