Saving a custom character

Posted By MikeyMo 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
MikeyMo
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I've been able to save a custom character. No problem there. However, it does not save the character with any changes to body part proportions.
  • Took a regular character (Emma)
  • Deformed her torso, legs, etc.
  • Saved her as a custom char

She saves ok, but when re-adding her, she morphs back to her default state. 

Should cta2 be saving the entire customized char, or does it only save the swapped sprites (if any)?

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 59 minutes ago
Changes you make to your actor in Character Composer can be saved to your custom library for later use.

Can you provide the exact steps you take to deform the character and how you are saving them. Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

MikeyMo
MikeyMo
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Thanks Peter.

I made the mods in the 2D motion key editor, then clicked save in stage mode. Stage mode displays the mods, but the character on the custom tab in content manager is the default/original size and shape. 

Hope this helps.
lesdodds
lesdodds
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
MikeyMo (4/26/2016)
Thanks Peter.

I made the mods in the 2D motion key editor, then clicked save in stage mode. Stage mode displays the mods, but the character on the custom tab in content manager is the default/original size and shape. 

Hope this helps.

Save in Character Composer only, adjustment in Stage mode are temp for Stage only.

LesterSmile
 My YouTube
My Facebook
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
-Walt Disney

Reading This Topic