Character Creator - Stylized Animals

Posted By ToKoMotion 5 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
doubledutch
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
ToKoMotion (5/17/2016)
I think I can create a short Tutorial as soon as I have time. Will post it to the Forum then.

That should be wonderful. For other developers who are sell content, and me who loves to watch magic tutorials Smile

iarfmolmadme
iarfmolmadme
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (195 reputation)Junior Member (195 reputation)Junior Member (195 reputation)Junior Member (195 reputation)Junior Member (195 reputation)Junior Member (195 reputation)Junior Member (195 reputation)Junior Member (195 reputation)Junior Member (195 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
That's cool! I'm looking for a gecko, do you have one?
juliein3d
juliein3d
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (179 reputation)Junior Member (179 reputation)Junior Member (179 reputation)Junior Member (179 reputation)Junior Member (179 reputation)Junior Member (179 reputation)Junior Member (179 reputation)Junior Member (179 reputation)Junior Member (179 reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Hi, these look great, just 2 questions, 

first question if I want to import the characters after I modify them into a Unity experiences is there a best way to bring in the materials for the furry look?  I've tried on other characters with fur and it doesn't work very well.  Is there a method you suggest for this?

Second question- I want to create my own looks, different colors, different shaped heads but close to your original work, is this also doable with your pack?  For example, I want to morph out a Chihuahua, probably it is more like Sammy than the dog.  Can I do this with your character set?

thanks!!

ToKoMotion
ToKoMotion
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
Sorry, I somehow missed to reply to your questions earlier.

@iarfmolmadme:
I do not have a Gecko morph at the moment. I have planned to release some new Animal Morphs in the upcoming weeks, maybe I can add a Gecko-like morph then.

@juliein3d:
1. Haven't worked with Unity for a longer time, so I don't really know how the characters work in Unity now. I think you'll have to choose a special shader, one that supports Normals & Displacement maps to re-create the fur effect.

2. You can always use my characters as a base to create your own customized ones with different textures and accessories. You can also use additional morphs to create your own shapes. I don't really know if you can morph Sammy into a Chihuahua, but you can definitely try it Wink. I think some manual work in an external modeler is necessary to get the best results.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/43a4ac7b-bd85-430a-aa3e-e3f7.png    https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9cbb0370-ee1b-4f58-9b3d-6930.png    https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e84e0ec9-aa91-47d0-ae07-d519.png
FIND MORE:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/17a1d227-c563-4ece-a41a-257a.jpg

Reading This Topic