Profile Picture

Creatures and Animals IK

Posted By NFTS.Games 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
NFTS.Games
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (368 reputation)Senior Member (368 reputation)Senior Member (368 reputation)Senior Member (368 reputation)Senior Member (368 reputation)Senior Member (368 reputation)Senior Member (368 reputation)Senior Member (368 reputation)Senior Member (368 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Does anyone know a simple way of putting IK onto a creature or animal (e.g. Live Props>Dog_Collie)? The IK stuff in edit motion layer is grayed out, and using ctrl select to temporarily allocate IK chain root doesn't work very well. I tried exporting it into 3DXchange, then recharacterising as non standard then brought it back again, but it was a bit of a mess. And when you export it for us back in 3DSMax it doesn't 'know' that the bones are biped configured (as they are named), so it's just a set of unsolved bones - and I would need to re-do all the IK stuff which biped setsup. I presume these were originally created in Max, so there must be a way of getting access to the original state?

Any help much appreciated. 
NFTS.Games
NFTS.Games
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (368 reputation)Senior Member (368 reputation)Senior Member (368 reputation)Senior Member (368 reputation)Senior Member (368 reputation)Senior Member (368 reputation)Senior Member (368 reputation)Senior Member (368 reputation)Senior Member (368 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
With the greatest respect, I'm not sure it is as simple as that. But I think I've got it working quite nicely in Motionbuilder anyway. 

Reading This Topic