assertion failure see assert failure c++

Posted By firefighter1531 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
firefighter1531
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I am running on a notebook corei3 hdmi 12gmemory1tbhard drive I keep try to load my own image and I get error assertion failure see Microsoft c++ on assert then after I cancel retry or ignore crazytalk 8 stops working and closes anybody know what to do.i know I don't have the greatest system but it runs all I clone very surprisingly.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Do make sure you have your computer fully updated. This kind of error can often occur when you have not updated for a while. Please run Windows Update and install all important updates.Then check for any Optional Updates that relate to Microsoft Visual C++. If there is an update available, please install it. Do also check your graphics drivers are the latest.

If you still have problems after that, please contact Technical Support using the link below. They will be able to advise you further.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.aspx

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

richard666
richard666
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
the same is happening to me since yesterday when i was attempting to show some friends the programme. before that everything was fairly o.k. , a few crashes but nothing that stopped me producing a half decent character. Now,  i get the failure +++.  ive tried system restore and still the same.  this really is not acceptable, i spending alot of money on this software and add-ons and i get this!!!!  the cost of these crashes and delays and lost time and money is relly starting to outway the benefits.

richard666
richard666
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

i have now tried unistalling CT8 again, reloading and running as administrator.....got it to work twice then back to error messages +++ etc etc. completely unusable and loosing money and confidence in the product again.  phoned a friend same happening to him. we are at a loss about what to do.
richard666
richard666
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

has anyone been able to help you with this problem?.......we have been trying here all day with no luck.  noone from reallusion has commented further. we are maybe on our own on this one.  we have managed to get a 3d model by only loading up the front view photo and leaving the side view but obviously this is professionally unacceptable.  also we managed to get a 3d model by launching from C.C but again only with the front photo.  the side image always crashes the app.  
believe me we are very very dissapointed  about this and personally these continuous problems and crashes are costing too much in money and time. 

peter please help
richard666
richard666
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

peter yesterday we tried many fixes to resolve the issue of CT8 crashing with assertion c ++ (whatever that is all about).

well this is what happened:

windows 10 laptop HP i7 Nvidia Gforce GTX .......C.C, iClone, CT8, fully up to date versions.  CT8 crashes c ++ after initial photos are edited to produce 3D head, Previous RL Heads will not load to C.C or iClone.  Before updating C.C and CT8 with last 2 updates system worked O.K....not perfect b

we then changed to work with the desk top computer to try and catcj up on the lost work.  Desktop running windows 8 and C.C and CT8 missing the last updates each.  all worked fine to produce a 3D head...........updated C.C and CT8 with the last update each and guess what?...it all crashed just like the windows 10 versions on the laptop!!.  Did a system restore and removed the last CT8 update....system still crashed!!!!

From this i think but cannot be sure that it would appear that the last C.C update 1.42.1523 contains something that corrupts CT8 pipeline.  Why?  because All worked well with Windows 8, and the previous versions of CT8 and CC. it does not appear to be a windows 10 issue but a reallusion update issue.  
forgive me if i am wrong but after 3 full days of issues and attempted fixes this is what it looks like us here.

regards

richard666
richard666
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

hi Peter.....................IMPORTANT!!

I am now in no doubt that the last C.C update causes CT8 to crash and that the c++ issue is not a windows 10 issue.....why???

Because this morning we uninstalled C.C from the HP laptop completely and CT8 works again like normal.  still to try RLHead production and transfer to iClone and then to CC on the desktop computer.

if you read the post below about the fixes we tried yesterday you will see the logic behind my statement. Appologies if i have sounded upset but we are trying to meet an end of the month deadline with 10 characters to produce

regards richard 
richard666
richard666
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

this is quite important

the problem with CT8 heads getting corupted  ( c ++) is resolved (i think)

it looks like when you load up a side image for a new 3D head it MUST BE the left facing view not a right facing one.  if its right facing you will get corrupt 3D heads every time.

after all that uninstalling and reinstalling etc etc (working all weekend at the problem) it seems this could be the issue, 

i hope this helps others and my apologies for saying the problem is in the updates

regards richard 
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

richard666 (4/18/2016)
this is quite important

it looks like when you load up a side image for a new 3D head it MUST BE the left facing view not a right facing one.  if its right facing you will get corrupt 3D heads every time.

after all that uninstalling and reinstalling etc etc (working all weekend at the problem) it seems this could be the issue, 

i hope this helps others and my apologies for saying the problem is in the updates

regards richard 

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your continued feedback. We will look into the issue you report with right facing profile images.

Please do remember for any issues that are seriously affecting your use of CrazyTalk 8, please contact our Technical Support department using the link below. They will work with you on a one to one basis to try and get the problem resolved. Do also feel free to make use of our Feedback Tracker where you can directly report issues to our development teams.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.aspx

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

richard666 (4/18/2016)
this is quite important

regards richard 

UPDATE: The issue here appears to be that it is not made clearer that the side facing image should always be left facing. If you load a right facing image then you can click the "Horizontal Flip" button to flip it to left facing. This will then resolve the problem.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic