Feedback Tracker Beta - Now Open

Posted By Peter (RL) 8 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
justaviking
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
I just entered my first two "Feedback" items.

Some feedback on the Feedback Tracker:
The dropdown lists should work when you click the dropdown ARROW too, not only on the words.  For me, at least, it's natural to go click on the "down arrows" first.

Not bad, though.  Glad to have the tool.
I like the "voting" feature.
It will be interesting to see once we start seeing more responses from Reallsion on bugs and enhancements.

FYI - My entries:
http://www.reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/Issue/Multiple-viewports-to-aid-in-positioning-items-3-orthographic-1-free-form
http://www.reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/Issue/Option-for-a-Floating-Gizmo-to-be-in-center-of-viewport
(Don't worry, I won't always post them here, this is a one-time event.)

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

I got an interesting "Tracker" email from Reallusion last night:

Hi justaviking,

Thank you very much for your suggestion.

Unfortunately, the functionality you are requesting is not currently available.

We will keep your suggestion in mind as we continue to improve our products.

Please stay tuned for more updates to come.

Here are my responses to that email:
a) Which suggestion?  I submitted three "issues/suggestions."  The email gives me no clue as to which suggestion they are talking about.  I opened all three, and all three still list the Status as "Active."
b) The functionality I am requesting is not currently available?  Yeah, I know.  That's why I am requesting it.

I'm going to Reply to the email, in hopes it finds its way to a human (not just an automated email system).

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

will2power71
will2power71
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
justaviking (4/15/2016)

I got an interesting "Tracker" email from Reallusion last night:

Hi justaviking,

Thank you very much for your suggestion.

Unfortunately, the functionality you are requesting is not currently available.

We will keep your suggestion in mind as we continue to improve our products.

Please stay tuned for more updates to come.

Here are my responses to that email:
a) Which suggestion?  I submitted three "issues/suggestions."  The email gives me no clue as to which suggestion they are talking about.  I opened all three, and all three still list the Status as "Active."
b) The functionality I am requesting is not currently available?  Yeah, I know.  That's why I am requesting it.

I'm going to Reply to the email, in hopes it finds its way to a human (not just an automated email system).

I got that same email for the suggestions that I put in. I actually got a second response when I questioned which one they were referring to. I did get a reply

Michelle from Reallusion

Hi Will,

I've read all your seven suggestions more than once and sent them to our Marketand Developer team immediately.

We really appreciate your ideas about our products, they are so great!

As we know, good things take time to grow.

Please keep sending us your guest andband suggestions and thanks so much for your help.

Regards,
-- 

Michelle

Feedback TrackerAdministrator

Reallusion Inc.

http://www.reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/

My guess is-they're testing out the autoresponder function, but someone is actually looking at the stuff. I just hope that the development team takes the feedback seriously. I'll be watching very closely to make sure that the feedback doesn't just disappear off into space and the stuff we are suggesting gets pushed aside for extraneous stuff that isn't what the community is asking for. This is the key thing to watch in the upcoming months. I will seriously be watching to make sure that our feedback isn't being ignored. 

It's pretty clear already what people are desperate for by the numbers in the feedback tracker. I'm encouraged by the prospect of a new renderer, but it doesn't help if the rest of the tools don't get the attention the user community is asking for.

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

@Will,

That's pretty funny.  I got the exact same response to the email I sent in reply to my notification (I asked "Which one are referring to?")  There was one minor difference... your email says "eight" and mine says "three."  That confirms my suspicion that is it indeed an automated response.

I sure hope they really are paying attention to the entries.

The voting idea is cool (and I've seen that in at least one other forum), but even that has to be taken with a grain of salt.  It's good, though, that we have only a limited number of votes, so we have to consider what's actually important to us.

My dilemma is wondering how many things that I know I, or others, have already written about.  Do I bother re-reporting "old requests" in the new system?

Edited
8 Years Ago by justaviking

Reading This Topic