problem iclone 6 too slow

Posted By amine1331 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
amine1331
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (906 reputation)Veteran Member (906 reputation)Veteran Member (906 reputation)Veteran Member (906 reputation)Veteran Member (906 reputation)Veteran Member (906 reputation)Veteran Member (906 reputation)Veteran Member (906 reputation)Veteran Member (906 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
hi
i have High operating requirements but iclone 6 is too slow any of us have a solutions??

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
We need a lot more information before we can be much help for you:
- What hardware do you have?  CPU, CPU, RAM...
- Why do you say it's too slow?
- What are your expectations?

Often you can a) upgrade your graphics card, and b) simplify your scene by removing assets that are not in view of the camera.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

amine1331
amine1331
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (906 reputation)Veteran Member (906 reputation)Veteran Member (906 reputation)Veteran Member (906 reputation)Veteran Member (906 reputation)Veteran Member (906 reputation)Veteran Member (906 reputation)Veteran Member (906 reputation)Veteran Member (906 reputation)

my prossusor : intel(r) core(tm) i5-4440 cpu @ 3.10ghz
Ram : 4,0GB
the Iclone is too slow , Whenever i add objects , the program becomes very slow 
i don't now the cause
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Laptop?
If so, I'm guessing you do not have a discrete graphics card, meaning you're using the Intel "HD Graphics" that are built into your i5 CPU.
That would also mean (I think) that your 4GB of memory is also shared between Windows and "graphics," in which case 4GB is really minimal.

Bottom line:  I suspect you aren't meeting the minimum requirements for running iClone.

Can someone else chime in and offer another perspective or ask a good question I overlooked?

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

amine1331
amine1331
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

So what's the solution???
Lamias
Lamias
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
To run iclone faster, should one buy a better cpu or a better graphics card?

My YouTube Channel
Phoenix   Wink

Jeffglobal
Jeffglobal
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (393 reputation)Senior Member (393 reputation)Senior Member (393 reputation)Senior Member (393 reputation)Senior Member (393 reputation)Senior Member (393 reputation)Senior Member (393 reputation)Senior Member (393 reputation)Senior Member (393 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
@Sw000p  You're not nice.  Most ppl don't make a distinction between cpu and gpu and laptop/desktop...if he has a laptop, neither can be replaced anyways.

The person probably has a laptop with the motherboard graphics processor that moves slower than my grandma...and she's dead.

Bottom line.  Win7 starts to run ok at 8gb RAM on the motherboard.  The 4gb RAM you have makes the cpu read and write to the harddrive a LOT.  It's slow, even doing Microsoft word really.
RAM on a laptop can be increased.  It's super easy to DIY, as long as you look up the EXACT spec of the RAM your computer uses, and look at how the manufacturer directs you to pop off the keyboard, usually, to access the memory sticks or whatever they call them.

HDDs are super duper simple to change, but that's not really the problem here.  If you swapped out the hdd for a SSD, you might as well just buy a new computer...same as for the memory depending...

On laptops you cannot change the cpu or gpu, at least to my knowledge.  They are pretty much as they are, take it or leave it.  So even if you changed what you could, the hdd to a sdd, and double the memory.  You got a slow laptop.

I have a 5 year old i7 8gb, gtx650m that I use when I don't want to heat up my workspace.  It works ok. I think if I but it on auction on eBay, I'd get a 2 day old piece of bread for it. Nowadays your best price point to performance is $1,000.  I think historically, it's been that way for a while now.  If you get a desktop worth $1,000 it will kick the hell out of a laptop that's $1,000...and you can upgrade the desktop/tower, as you have more money, up to a point...motherboard limiting...the laptop, all you can add may be, is memory and swap the hdd.  In fact, if you have $600-800 bucks and you can wait for the other 200 bucks to get a 1,000 dollar computer: wait and get the 1,000 computer.  It's that sensitive to performance/price.

I would ask my bro for a verification cause he's a MS CS/CE, but he always tells me to fk off and learn it for myself.  So, this is what I know as of today.
On the other hand, I rebuilt the workstation my bro built me years ago, cause it was just cheaper that way.  To my surprise, changing and modifying things, like watercooling the cpu, changing gpus, memory, or even the whole motherboard, is dumbfk simple.  Don't think it's hard, what's hard is making sure you pull out the plug, buy a large enough powersuppy for the rig, don't drip any sweat onto the electronics and think it's a good idea to just plug it in; the components work TOGETHER, but otherwise, a talking monkey could build a computer from parts they bought.  It's just designed to be easy, like all mechanical things really.

Edited
8 Years Ago by Jeffglobal
Lawsuit Pending Records
Lawsuit Pending Records
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Good answer jeffglobal 

Amine1331 I am actually surprised you got iClone open in order to tell it is slow and you wouldn't be utilizing all it has on offer either. Decent desktops usually work out cheaper than their laptop equivalents and allow you more room to move in future upgrades 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/992e4d8f-3217-4368-a94f-f808.jpg

iC5 Pipeline, iC6 Pipeline, CTA2 Pipeline, CTA Pro, Crazy Talk, Facefilter, POP. 
LAWSUIT PENDING RECORDS Label-Logos-Web Design-Artist Roster-Licensing - Flip type interactive magazine production
redrubyslippers
redrubyslippers
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
i think your all missing why its slow, have you got two graphics cards , i mean one on the chip .. its an intel so it will have on board,,, and a dedicated card , is it a nvidia card, bet you iclones running from the onboard chip,,,,, easy to sort, heres what to do if its nvidia then go to the control panel.. bottom right side of the pc and open up the nvidia control panel settings...select the manage 3d settings and change the integrated graphics to nvidia high performance one.. you will need to point the program to the iclone folder and the exe ... just google it for amd card it has similar settings

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/0e07882d-e776-47ac-acea-d91f.jpg

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/2054aada-7d16-43c7-aabd-63fb.jpg

RRS
Edited
8 Years Ago by redrubyslippers
Alien Maniac
Alien Maniac
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
@Sw000p  You're not nice.  Most ppl don't make a distinction between cpu and gpu and laptop/desktop...if he has a laptop, neither can be replaced anyways.

Whaaaat? That is NOT true. Guess you never saw an MSI Laptop, LOL

The  MSI  GT72 can and is awesome as well as upgrade-able by the user too (now and for future upgrades). To really run IC you need at least a GTX970M 3-6 GB GPU in it and 32GB ram for a smooth workflow and no crashing.
NOTE:::: WIN 10 resets many things when you shut down and restart. LIKE: Run FULL POWER, GPU settings and so on. I can find no solution for that BS. I just have to reset it all every day. Doh. I hate Windows.

MSI also makes a Workstation Laptop that is as good as a desktop........They are the best laptops for 3d (and games). so you get what you pay for...... I purchased a refurbished GT72 and it rocks! The price was so much lower and I got 9 mo warranty. 32gb ram, 2.6-3.6mhz GTX970M 3gb (User upgrade-able to any future GPU)))): and I have been upgrading it as I can afford it.

GT72 is Capable of: 4x 480gb SSD M2 cards (up to 480GB ea) with raid <+> up to 2  normal ssd drives (?GB) The GT72 will not allow CPU upgrade so buy one with the speed you want and go from there upgrading as you want. It also supports 3 monitors and much more. The audio is Nahimic and totally awesome. They are like driving a Ferrari compared to a VW. LOL.

MSI GE66 Raider, Intel 10th Gen, I7, SC Turbo to 5.3 GHZ, 240HZ, 64GB 3300 Ram,  2x 1TB M2 SSD Drives, NVIDIA GPU RTX 2070/8GB, 55" Sony 4K Monitor  External data drives total 7 TB. and an AUDIO Studio Recording system.

Edited
8 Years Ago by Bray42

Reading This Topic