Showcase your iClone4 works

Posted By Visconti 15 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Samulis
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Historical Content Creator

Historical Content Creator (2.8K reputation)Historical Content Creator (2.8K reputation)Historical Content Creator (2.8K reputation)Historical Content Creator (2.8K reputation)Historical Content Creator (2.8K reputation)Historical Content Creator (2.8K reputation)Historical Content Creator (2.8K reputation)Historical Content Creator (2.8K reputation)Historical Content Creator (2.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
I remember taking the shot even. Smile

I am just sad that I was using a not-so-good camera at that point... a ~3 megapixel 5-year-old camera with zoom issues and an issue with its insides that made little holes in the pictures (you can see little white dots if you look closely to most of the pictures; I have been meaning to photoshop them out and ask if the packs can be updated).

There is nothing that makes me happier than to see something I did be of use to someone else. Smile

Samersania Film Studios - Historical Content - Recommended Resources - Albums

Edited
14 Years Ago by Samulis
johanna.gareis
johanna.gareis
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (576 reputation)Veteran Member (576 reputation)Veteran Member (576 reputation)Veteran Member (576 reputation)Veteran Member (576 reputation)Veteran Member (576 reputation)Veteran Member (576 reputation)Veteran Member (576 reputation)Veteran Member (576 reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
And I was happy to use it, wonderful picture!

Johanna

Liebe Grüße,
Johanna
CaptBebops
CaptBebops
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (244 reputation)Junior Member (244 reputation)Junior Member (244 reputation)Junior Member (244 reputation)Junior Member (244 reputation)Junior Member (244 reputation)Junior Member (244 reputation)Junior Member (244 reputation)Junior Member (244 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Here's my latest iClone music video:

I made extensive use of the particle effect for fog and the cloth effects for the capes.

Happy Halloween!

DELETED2
DELETED2
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago

"OCEANICA."
M.C.P.E. Set 11.

Oceanica is a follow on project for a set thats Ocean based in a flooded world or not.  The final water based modern town is encased in a crystal cover that opens up like a glass lotus and hence the time taken to develop the idea.

The set itself will be quite basic and rely in some extensive use of the "digital-silk" in iclone which gives everything it touches wonderful flowing motion.

The strut-rigging is simply somethjing to keep the "Ships at sea" feel because this really is an isolated environment.
The three platforms are:
1. Livestock stabling, blacksmithy, Goat pens, Sheep etc.
2. Crops and Orchards. Root vegetables. Herbs and equipment to harvest, tender etc.
3. And Storage. Straw, harvested foodstuffs, dried fishes etc.

Centrally the Godess, who, of course, provides and the main inhabitants who enjoy what otherwise is rather like a wealthy escape from the scabby landlubbers.

I thought about doing "Shabby" but the thing is, visually it just ended up like a Waterworld remake.
So, I thought a Disneyfied "Pretty" angle would be happier. As if there really is a successful way of living at sea.

The best thing about iClone currently is that if you cna imagine it, you're 101% given the opportunity to create it. I like that!
Anyway, this is my W.I.P. in iCLone 4 to date.
Armstrong.

Edited
14 Years Ago by Armstrong
Paumanok West
Paumanok West
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
Armstrong (10/25/2010)
The set itself will be quite basic and rely in some extensive use of the "digital-silk" in iclone which gives everything it touches wonderful flowing motion.

What mean "digital silk?"
Sounds like something I could be using...

General Picture - animating now to life itself(tm)
Member of Content Wizards
gizmo
gizmo
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Fantastic

Cool gizmo
Samulis
Samulis
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Historical Content Creator (2.8K reputation)Historical Content Creator (2.8K reputation)Historical Content Creator (2.8K reputation)Historical Content Creator (2.8K reputation)Historical Content Creator (2.8K reputation)Historical Content Creator (2.8K reputation)Historical Content Creator (2.8K reputation)Historical Content Creator (2.8K reputation)Historical Content Creator (2.8K reputation)

looks very nice. Great job. Smile

My one comment is on the surrounding 'islands' on pilings, the outer curve is sort of angular. I am not sure if it is desired that way, but it might look even neater if the outer curves had, for example, 36 or 48 segments. This would give it less of a blocky feel and would make a more organic curve, although working with the curve would become more of a challenge. I generally stay away from such a move, but recently I have found that large props require extra attention such as working with complex curves and figures to make the lighting on them extra-realistic.

Of course, you don't have listen to me, I am certainly nothing more than a novice compared to you. Smile

DELETED2
DELETED2
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Samulis (10/25/2010)
looks very nice. Great job. Smile My one comment is on the surrounding 'islands' on pilings, the outer curve is sort of angular. Smile

Hello Samulis.
It's a good point. I didn't ask for a purer semicircle. I use whats supplied.
That semicircle is standard iClone architecture. I could have used a paper object and stripped a thin piece of paper around the perimeter.
But, I only use iClone standard kit. Else how do I promote it.
Last time I asked for hi-res objects it was suggested I buy 3DSMax.
So I no longer bother.
Also, it's theater. Not realism.
I am kind of a midway between Paumanok and Reality. That nondescript inbetween world of makebelieve and imagination and "almost!".

Paumanokwest: What is digital silk?

Hi Paumanok. Love your work by the way. Probably what I refer to are the flag objects in iClone. I have styled one of them to react as heavy silken cloth.
Armstrong.

Samulis
Samulis
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Interesting approach. I work with skechup for my model work and the basic arc you use has 12 segments in it. Of course, it's easy to increase it.

When I originally started model work for iClone, I used the 3D blocks then as well (until I started using 3DXchange). If you would like, I can make you some special blocks (e.g. more detailed arch, thinner arches and specialty blocks, etc.)... I understand how tedious and strenuous it is to make everything using the pre-supplied figures, even with practice. However, if you still are cemented only on using the basic tools given, then I salute you. It is probably the most brilliant usage of those blocks I have ever seen; nothing I have done in the past with them even compares to what you did here and in your other works. Smile

nonename
nonename
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Last Active: 14 Years Ago
I'm testing this great software and I have recently finished one of the first tests with the camera movement. What do you think? Hehe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tyeiz154niU

Thanks Cool
Alfons - Barcelona - Spain

Reading This Topic