Need to make my renders 8.5 x 11 for kindle Cover

Posted By dannybrightonline 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
dannybrightonline
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
HI everyone, I just finished my first Mail Order Bride Western and I used Iclone to create the cover. Tried to use Daz but it was too much of a pain. Iclone 
was a pleasure to use and I had acover in fifteen minutes. But I need to create the image in Portrait orientation, not Landscape. Also I need the image to be letter side for a full cover sized photo for Kindle. How do you translate pixels to letter size...lol....no clue!

Folks I would encourage you to use Iclone if you are struggling with Daz. Iclone is much easier to use and get nice results. I'm going to buy iclone 6 on Friday just to be able to make my covers and trailers as photo realistic as possible.

Thank you all for you time and kind help.
Danny Bright

animagic
This post has been flagged as an answer
animagic
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
When you open the Render tab in iClone you can select a custom size for your renders. What you need depends on the screen resolution of the device. 8.5 x 11 are obviously dimensions meant for print, but even then it depends on the desired quality: for example, 300 or 600 pixels/inch (these are common values).

Looking at the Kindle, it's seems to come in different resolutions, so I assume it has some sort of scaling built in. The highest resolution is 2560x1600, so that might be a good starting point for your cover. Here is a screen shot with these settings:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f926ac34-1f52-43d7-9319-51ac.png

As you can see, these settings give you an image in portrait-like orientation. If the ratio really needs to be 8.5x11 you would need something like 1700x2200.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

dannybrightonline
This post has been flagged as an answer
dannybrightonline
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Thank you Tutor so much for your kind help. I very much appreciate your help. Yes, you can do lovely ebook covers in Iclone. I will be posting some more covers soon so that everyone can begin using Iclone instead of messing with Daz. Iclone is immensely easier to work with and with Iclone 6, very similiar results I imagine. I'm purchasing Iclone 6 on Friday.

Thanks again Tutor...

Reading This Topic