Animation windows not opening

Posted By mindprints 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
mindprints
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I am hitting my head against a wall here. For some unknown reason my animation windows are no longer opening. 

Face Puppet
Direct Puppet
Motion Puppet

When I click on them my main preview window loses focus as one would expect but the corresponding animation window doesn't open. I click the animation button again and focus returns to the main preview window. 

I am running the latest 6.4 but this problem started in earlier 6.4 versions. I've shut off startups. Disabled my second monitor. Run as an administrator. Reinstalled numerous times. 

I've been running iClone for years without this problem occurring. On my current mainframe for over a year and a half.

Does anyone have a clue?

Greg

Operating System (Speccy printout.)
   Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
   Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.00GHz   31 °C
   Haswell 22nm Technology
RAM
   32,0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
   ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. MAXIMUS VII RANGER (SOCKET 1150)   28 °C
Graphics
   SyncMaster (1920x1080@50Hz)
   SyncMaster (1920x1080@60Hz)
   4096MB ATI AMD Radeon R9 200 Series (Sapphire/PCPartner)   47 °C
Storage
   111GB Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120GB (SSD)   32 °C
   476GB Crucial_CT512MX100SSD1 (SSD)   31 °C
   1863GB Western Digital WDC WD20EZRX-00D8PB0 (SATA)   29 °C
   39MB WIBU - CodeMeter-Stick USB Device (SSD)   32 °C
   1863GB Seagate Expansion Desk USB Device (SSD)   32 °C
   1863GB Seagate Expansion SCSI Disk Device (USB (SATA))   36 °C
Optical Drives
   HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH41N
Audio
   Focusrite SaffireLE WDM

Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Hi mindprints,
I just tried all of the animation windows and don't see the same results, I have never had an out of focus preview window either.  Not sure what that may be, is iClone the only program you have this type of problem with?

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Snarp Farkle (3/27/2016)
I have never had an out of focus preview window either.  Not sure what that may be, is iClone the only program you have this type of problem with?

@Snarp - I might be misinterpreting what you're saying but "focus" in this context refers to which window/application is the "active" one, not if it's visually blurry.  (If that's not what you meant, I apologize.)  If you have multiple things open, like Internet Explorer, iClone, music player, etc., one of them is active and the windows frame around it is the darker blue color to let you know is the application with focus.

@MindPrints - This is a long shot, but try resetting the iClone panels using "Window --> Workspace --> Reset Layout."  Maybe that will restore things.  Another though is, when you ought to be seeing one of the Puppet panels, drag the main iClone window way over and see if the other panel was hiding behind it.  That shouldn't happen - they should be in the foreground - but it's worth a look.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
8 Years Ago by justaviking
mindprints
mindprints
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)

justaviking (3/27/2016)
Snarp Farkle (3/27/2016)
I have never had an out of focus preview window either.  Not sure what that may be, is iClone the only program you have this type of problem with?

@Snarp - I might be misinterpreting what you're saying but "focus" in this context refers to which window/application is the "active" one, not if it's visually blurry..  If you have multiple things open, like Internet Explorer, iClone, music player, etc., one of them is active and the windows frame around it is the darker blue color to let you know is the application with focus.

You are interpreting correctly. In programming, focus refers to the selected window, frame or field. I can see that the preview window is losing focus because the tiny white frame that surrounds it disappears when I attempt to start one of the animation processes mentioned.

@MindPrints - This is a long shot, but try resetting the iClone panels using "Window --> Workspace --> Reset Layout."  Maybe that will restore things.  Another though is, when you ought to be seeing one of the Puppet panels, drag the main iClone window way over and see if the other panel was hiding behind it.  That shouldn't happen - they should be in the foreground - but it's worth a look.

thank you - I've tried those suggestions repeatedly without success. 

Edited
8 Years Ago by mindprints
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
mindprints (3/27/2016)

Sad

When basic, fundamental things like this don't work, sadly, an uninstall/reinstall is about the only suggestion I have left (and it works just often enough for me to keep recommending it in cases like this).  Sorry I can't think of anything less drastic.  Maybe someone else can.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

mindprints
mindprints
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

justaviking (3/27/2016)
mindprints (3/27/2016)

Sad

When basic, fundamental things like this don't work, sadly, an uninstall/reinstall is about the only suggestion I have left (and it works just often enough for me to keep recommending it in cases like this).  Sorry I can't think of anything less drastic.  Maybe someone else can.

Yeah, you're right. Usually that sort of thing works. Reinstall, reboot, make sure Windows 10 is uptodate,whatever, but in this case nothing helps. Unfortunately I don't know exactly when the problem first occurred because I have been having other problems with the updated 6's and never got around to testing the animations. 
mindprints
mindprints
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

An interesting quirk is that for the horse, and the horse alone, I can get the 'Edit Motion Layer' window to pop up and I can select  body parts. Though I can do edit motion with the gizmo on  'human' avatars no selection window will appear.  

The 'Reach Target' window works as expected.  
mindprints
mindprints
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I just reinstalled iClone 5 which I haven't used since 6 came out. All the popup animation windows work as they should. So there is something in 6 that doesn't agree with my setup. 
mindprints
mindprints
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Reallusion support gave me some help with the animation windows problem. 

This issue can occur if you closed iClone 6 with the panels open on a second screen. In this situation you should be able to reconnect the second screen, open iClone 6, then try to open Face Puppet, Direct Puppet
and Motion Puppet in turn and if they open on the second screen, move them back onto the main screen before shutting down again. 

This suggestion was a little unclear to me. Maybe they meant disconnect the second screen. Not sure. But I connected and disconnected and fiddled with my Radeon control panel and eventually I was able to get back my animation windows. And now I can actually close 6.4 with those panels on my second screen  and get them back again upon restarting the program.

The is apparently a rare problem and might only exist for AMD users with dual screens, but nevertheless one day this discussion might help someone in a similar situation to mine. 
tbasham1
tbasham1
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
I am very frustrated with this issue also. All the animation windows open except for Motion Puppet.

I was given options of checking for video card profiles, connecting the dual screen back, and reinstalling. I have did all of these and still no menu. It appeared briefly on my extended monitor, and I brought it to the main screen. When I closed the menu and tried to reopen it, it would not appear again. It is no longer on the extended screen. I can't find it anywhere.

Does anyone know if there any settings in the registry or configuration files that hold the window locations that can be reset? If there is, these don't appear to reset when re-installing.

Thanks.

Reading This Topic