Profile Picture

ICLONE 6.42 CRASH WHEN OPENING ANY FILE

Posted By dawnmarie62864 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
dawnmarie62864
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (289 reputation)Senior Member (289 reputation)Senior Member (289 reputation)Senior Member (289 reputation)Senior Member (289 reputation)Senior Member (289 reputation)Senior Member (289 reputation)Senior Member (289 reputation)Senior Member (289 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I just recently installed iclone pro after having tried out the trial version..... First this trial worked on all my computer systems convincing me to purchase the pro version knowing it would work on any of my systems I put it on.  Excited and feeling confident about my purchase I go to open the first file then the whole program crashed so after several tries I decide to try this on all my other systems unfortunately with the identical results which leads me to believe this to be a iclone installation issue. I also made sure all patches and updates were performed be for trying the software. Very expensive program to not even be able to enjoy it after thoroughly testing it first. So what next the only things each of my systems have in common is that they are all running windows 10 standard.............. open and listening............ 
Alien Maniac
Alien Maniac
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Did you set it to run (permanently) as administrator?

MSI GE66 Raider, Intel 10th Gen, I7, SC Turbo to 5.3 GHZ, 240HZ, 64GB 3300 Ram,  2x 1TB M2 SSD Drives, NVIDIA GPU RTX 2070/8GB, 55" Sony 4K Monitor  External data drives total 7 TB. and an AUDIO Studio Recording system.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 7 hours ago
dawnmarie62864 (3/25/2016)
I just recently installed iclone pro after having tried out the trial version..... First this trial worked on all my computer systems convincing me to purchase the pro version knowing it would work on any of my systems I put it on.  Excited and feeling confident about my purchase I go to open the first file then the whole program crashed so after several tries I decide to try this on all my other systems unfortunately with the identical results which leads me to believe this to be a iclone installation issue. I also made sure all patches and updates were performed be for trying the software. Very expensive program to not even be able to enjoy it after thoroughly testing it first. So what next the only things each of my systems have in common is that they are all running windows 10 standard.............. open and listening............ 

Hi Dawn,

Make sure you are running the latest version which is 6.42. If you have the 6.4 version there were some known crashing issues. You can check by going to Help > Check For Update in iClone 6. Alternatively you can find the update in your Member Account under Patch/Bonus.

If you are running the latest version, please contact us using the Support Form below and include your dxdiag.txt file. We can then check for any problems. Thanks.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.aspx

How To Generate a Dxdiag.txt File.
a) Type "dxdiag" in the Search box and click "dxdiag.exe" from the search list.
b) It will then check your system for a while, after finishing, click "Save All Information"
c) Save "DxDiag.txt". and send this to us as an attachment.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
8 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
dawnmarie62864
dawnmarie62864
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (289 reputation)Senior Member (289 reputation)Senior Member (289 reputation)Senior Member (289 reputation)Senior Member (289 reputation)Senior Member (289 reputation)Senior Member (289 reputation)Senior Member (289 reputation)Senior Member (289 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
As you can read I posted that I installed all patches and upgrades before even trying this software I am capable of analyzing the software later on my own when I have more time. My question is what is so different between the trail and the actual 6.42 software the trail did not crash my system and worked quite well on this very laptop I'm using which only met the minimums but still worked well. After the upgrade install it crashed my video card then the card shows it recovered from the crash but when you try to launch any file the software shuts its self down. Now you would think that if the trail worked perfectly so would the actual product, so besides privileges what changed in the final software that effected the video rendering to change so significantly. A fully working trial is supposed to be the representation of its product. And once again this happened identical on 4 separate computer systems that either met the min or more. I finally had to install it on one of my gaming computers with 4 gigs of video to get this product to work. So why is it that the trail works but the actual software does not....... still wondering.......

Reading This Topic