SAY NO TO CARDBOARD WOMEN!!!

Posted By pumeco 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Snarp Farkle
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
I am all for as much realism in animation that I can get and I agree with pumeco that jiggles are necessary in any or all body parts to get that realism, maybe I want a big nose and fat cheeks to jiggle when a character moves his head for instance.  I can get close with a DAZ character if I add the body part bone movements in the timeline then use 3DX custom slots to animate them, but this is very time consuming and very hard to line up with a walk animation in iClone for instance.  I have had some limited success with breast, chest, tummy and butt jiggles this way but like I said... very time consuming.  I've not had much luck with spring effects in iClone6, some work but most don't, they seem to loose something in the transition from 3DX to iClone for me even if I max all the settings in 3DX.

@pumeco, I'm with you brother, humans jiggle, animals jiggle, but women jiggle more and we should be able to show the jiggles wherever we want, even love handles! BigGrin

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

pumeco
pumeco
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago

@rampa
As the influence is taken from the weight map of the bone, then I already "got it" long ago Wink
It's just a certain sw00000plish-speaking character didn't understand English.

The answer to my question was dead easy all along, the answer is that a spring bone gets it's influence information from the weight map of the bone.
That's all he needed to say - lol

@Snarp
Cheers mate, that's exactly the sort of enthusiasm I was hoping everyone would have for this feature w00t
And yup, so many uses for it, not just babes!

@sw00000p
Sorry, but you're doing that Max thing again, not intertested in Max especially when it can be done it DAZ BigGrin
Honestly sw00000p, it was like getting blood out of a stone - weight map of the bone is the answer!

Grrrrrrrrr Wow

Edited
8 Years Ago by pumeco
pumeco
pumeco
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)

Well at least you don't deny it, that's something to be thankful for WowBigGrin

Edited
8 Years Ago by pumeco
Bellatrix
Bellatrix
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
sw00000p (3/24/2016)
"Why can't you control ANY part of the mesh with spring bone... WITH the desired results?" Whistling
Lack of Fine-Tuning Tools.

The "Spring Bone, Vismeme  / Phoneme and Multiple Motion Blending" tools are in dire need of improved functionality.
Period!

In Dire Need, indeed.

In Time.... BigDaddy RL WILL enhance these tools.
Maybe iClone 7 Smile

The question is...
Will people wait that long for these char anim necessities?

The longer people wait...the more they learn Daz Studio or Blender skinning... the more they think the unthinkable...

>>> Indie Generalist modeler-rigger-animator <<< Hardware: AlienWare i7-HK 32G GTX1080 2T-SSDs BenqSW320 Wacom-Intuous 3Dconnexion ||| Software: IC6 Pipeline - CTA3 Pipeline - ATK2 - Indigo ||| Zbrush4R8. Blender 2.79. DazStudio 4.9. Carrara. Poser. Octane.

Bellatrix
Bellatrix
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

wendyluvscatz (3/24/2016)
You used to have to add spring via a script before Reallusion added the function in 3DX5
An spx file I think it was, they way I did it was by modifying horse tail one in notepad naming the unused bones I wanted to be springy and using parameter values
You loaded it as an aml file in Right click option if I recall, been a while since I did it, we now have lua scripts instead no idea if those work with it.
As I only had iC4 std I modified aml scripts a lot for animations I wanted longer or repeating too as I could not do it in the timeline.

Good tips here from Wendy (and animagic)
What's up with the AML and LUA situation? Any update?

>>> Indie Generalist modeler-rigger-animator <<< Hardware: AlienWare i7-HK 32G GTX1080 2T-SSDs BenqSW320 Wacom-Intuous 3Dconnexion ||| Software: IC6 Pipeline - CTA3 Pipeline - ATK2 - Indigo ||| Zbrush4R8. Blender 2.79. DazStudio 4.9. Carrara. Poser. Octane.

pumeco
pumeco
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

sw00000p (3/26/2016)
I don't admit, nor deny anything. It's nice to see the Noodles warm up, though!Smile

Now release the hounds!Cool

Hey I'm sure I'll get over it, sw00000p, but I'm actually pretty pissed-off about what you did Ermm

@Bella
Spot-on, that's exactly why I'm not holding my breath for any specific feature to appear, not even this one.  I hope they do appear, and I think some of them will appear, but it's always reassuring to think that if these necessities don't appear in iClone for whatever reason, they are already there in Blender.  Just the other week they officially added Anamorphic DOF (something I desperately want) to Blender and it works simply and perfectly.  It's just a single control they added to 2.77 that equals complete awesomeness cause it means Blender can now look truly cinematinc in every possible sense.  Now that Blender has it, people will use it, which in turn will eventually cause people using other programs to start ranting at the developers of their chosen software cause their DOF looks like crap compared to Blender.  It'll take some time for people to realise what they're seeing, but it will happen.   It's the same with something like this, the jiggle stuff.  If RL were to implement it so that it was as easy as selecting a bone and painting the juggle influence, you would see not just better, much more natural looking animation, but an influx of users who are seeing the results on YouTube etc.

We all know what YouTube is like, so can you imagine what it would do for Reallusion's sales statistics if our figures jigged like this?

[Image removed by Moderator]

Let me give you a few examples of what the YouTube comments would go like (and bear in mind you can pretty much guarantee this would be the case) :

- OMG i think i just died!!!!
- help plz... i need this software where can i get it?
- I'll second that question, where can we get that software?!?!?
- what is name of sofware plz? ....... plz tell me I need to know thnx
- I need this in my life!
- This is a gamechanger folks, your animations will look so much better now this is in place!
- Hey guys and gals, this is done with iClone software, you can get it on reallusion.com so just download the demo and you will definitely buy it ...hahaha!!!
- Awesome!
- lol
- is it free?
- No dumbass, it's not free, but who cares when it does stuff like that, right?
- Yeah, he's right dude!
- I am happy to support this software thankyou reallusion you are the best.....
- I'm so buying this ...
- WOAH!!!!!!
- My GF jiggles like that BigGrin
- Hey guys I just bought it .. you should def check it out ... best software ever!
- Already did .lol. and I agree Tongue
- Easy to do as well, you just paint where you want it to jiggle :-D
- In realtime as well peeps!
- yeah why can't all software be as easy as this?
- who needs real women?
- ya ... this is the future.
- I uploaded a jiggle video I made with this thing and it got like over a thousand views in just two hours :-D
- reallusion must be gods for making software as good as this - cuz I think it's awesum Tongue
- My GF just dumped me and I don't care .. that can't be right!
- haha :-D
- they are having a sale so if ur quick you will get it for a good price
- hey it said they have only got one million copies left so you better be quick about it guys
- Cheers man!
- Bought this as soon as they released it, best purchase ever!!!!!!
- plz help I cant make it jiggle :-(
- help plz is urgant .....
- Activate teh bone first you idiot!!
- ok that worked tnx :-D
- your welcome bro!

Now what we all (especially RL) really need to ask ourselves is, can Reallusion really afford to dismiss all those potential customers that are the result of just one video on YouTube? BigGrin
Well ok then ... if you say so ... I'm just supporting my request as best I know how Wink

I hope the attached GIF is ok for on here.  Wasn't sure to be honest but basically I chose the best clothed GIF I could find, so she is clothed, I'm just not 100% sure if it's ok (but hope it is)
If it's not then Peter will no doubt edit it out, but hopefully not me as well in the process Tongue

Edited
8 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
I just could not tear my eyes away from that for a few minutes, not necessarily because I wanted to see it!

JIX
JIX
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)

Ugh! You really don´t know better?!

Just wondering which target audience you are going to attract by your marketing campaign ...

pumeco
pumeco
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

@Wendy
I know what you mean, it's just beautiful, I can't take my eyes off it either which further reinforces the attraction of this stuff to an audience, whether they expect it or not BigGrin

@JJJAM
Of course I do, that's why I posted it.  As I've said before, my own personal reasons for wanting it is simply to stop the figures looking like cardboard, or "wooden" as the saying goes.  I even started-out the thread using my own reasons for wanting it, but there's no denying that if such a feature existed, it's existence would find much more entertaining usage than I had planned for it Wink

Might as well point out that aspect of it too, cause after all, those are all customers who would likely never have looked twice at iClone otherwise, they probably would never even have heard of it had they never clicked on that thumbnail on the YouTube video.  The comments are basically an example of how very desirable things can easily go viral, and such things can work wonders for sales Smile

Edited
8 Years Ago by pumeco

Reading This Topic