SAY NO TO CARDBOARD WOMEN!!!

Posted By pumeco 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
wendyluvscatz
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
oops

Edited
8 Years Ago by wendyluvscatz
JIX
JIX
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Thanks for your further remarks, Pumeco.

I do like that idea and I´m supporting it by hitting that button!

Furthermore I have to admit, that I also liked that carefully selected example in deep admiration of the laws of nature and its sculpting talent ...

Better to put it that way, just in case Wendy is still thinking about some feminist diatribe. Wink
Edited
8 Years Ago by JJJAM
pumeco
pumeco
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago

@Wendy
I would never bother with it if it involves scripts, but I know how to make the bones into Spring Bones using 3DXChange, it's just a crazy shame we can't control the influence of them!

Not sure if this request would be better to implement than the paint-on full-body softbody dynamics requested the other week, but I hope we get one or the other cause it genuinely does bug me to see stiff figures walking around.  No way anyone will believe me, but it's not a pervy thing, I just really hate stiff-looking figures.  It's like with non-dynamic clothes, stuff like long dresses that bend with a leg etc, they look like cardboard dresses to me, so any form of dynamic is better than that.  Makes me wonder why even the Spring Bone system they already have is so basic when it need not be.  I don't see the point in adding just two breast bones.  Why not add two buttock bones, two thigh bones, two upper arm bones, and two abdomen bones as well, cause it would take no extra development time, they're just extra bones - they already have the system in place that is being used on the breasts Crazy

Same with the CC characters, two breast bones and that's ya lot ... weird!

@JJJAM
Cheers mate, you're rocking pretty hard for that!  As for the others, personally I think they get a kick out of not adding the like, like some sort of sadistic pleasure.  If it were something I'd begged them not to support, there'd likely be a hundred likes on the thread by now.  Nevertheless, they all want jiggle, I know they do, at least I reckon most people would BigGrin

@sw00000p
It does not inflate my head, I just think it's important to give them a relative idea of the amount of interest in any specific feature Wow
If they saw a thread with no likes for example, they're surely gonna think ... no interest!

Edited
8 Years Ago by pumeco
Colonel_Klink
Colonel_Klink
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Hey and let's not forget Bingo Wings Smile

See all my content in one place
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a5008f7f-0e1f-4504-bcf8-f262.png
Facebook Page: CWK3D Game and Film Content
Cancer Survivor - Retired Teacher - Geriatric Icloner still learning
Hardware: ZX80; Operating System- ZX80 Basic; CPU - ZX80 @ 3.25 MHz; Memory - 1KB; Hard Drive - N/A; Storage - Cassette; Monitor: Any old CRT TV

pumeco
pumeco
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)

@sw00000p
Blink ... Wow ... Crazy ... Whistling

@Colonel
Bingo Wings ... that's what the Upper Arm Spring Bones could be used for, they're perfect for Bingo Wings BigGrin
That said, in my earlier post I completely forgot to mention 2 Spring Bones for the abdomen as well, so I just edited the post to add them.

Edited
8 Years Ago by pumeco
wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
If your rigged mesh has the bones they can be spring bones, those free Autodesk ones they once had had them, in belly and butt, you can if keen add them in DAZ studio with content creation tools and weight paint,, I did to genesis but effed up my base files so had to clean it all out and reinstall.
Makehuman can have extra bones too.

pumeco
pumeco
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

wendyluvscatz (3/25/2016)
... you can if keen add them in DAZ studio with content creation tools and weight paint ...

Thanks Wendy, that is exactly what I expected to be able to do in that other thread that tme, but according to master sw00000p, DAZ is a toy that doesn't have professional enough rigging tools to be able to do that.  I was wanting to add spring bones to a Genesis 1 character and bring them into iClone.  I was wanting to know how to control the influence of the bone.  So just to clarify, are you saying I'd be able to control the influence of the bone using the weight map tools in DAZ?

If so, that's fantastic, that's what I wanted!!!

I'd still love to see this request implemented in iClone so that it works on CC characters, but what you just said sounds exactly like the sort of thing I was trying to do before w00t

Edited
8 Years Ago by pumeco
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
A spring bone is just a skeletal bone with a spring function on it. I posted the tutorial for it. There are already breast bones in the iClone skeleton. All you have to do is set them to be extend bones, and then set a spring for them. You can have as many different spring bones as you want, with different settings. But you probably do not want to make any of the movement bones into spring bones because they cannot then be animated with iMotions or the motion layer.

I'd have to check if there aretushy bones already in the iClone skeleton.

Your not needing to change the weighting of the bones or anything. By default, the breasts are weighted properly to the bones. You really only need to set them as spring bones.
pumeco
pumeco
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

rampa (3/25/2016)
... You can have as many different spring bones as you want, with different settings. But you probably do not want to make any of the movement bones into spring bones because they cannot then be animated with iMotions or the motion layer ...

Cheers rampa, but what I'm getting at is I need to be able to control the influence of the bones, a preset influence is no good to me.  What Wendy says sounds as if it's exactly how I expected it to be, that the influence of a spring bone is simply taken from the weight map of that bone.  That would make perfect sense to me cause like I said, I can't imagine where else it would get the influence mapping from.  So yes, I know I can have as many spring bones as I want, and I know I can map them, but I wanted to know where iClone got it's spring bone influence map from - it's what I was trying to get out of sw00000p but to no avail.

I hope Wendy is meaning what I think she means!

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Sounds like you got it. Smile

The weighting of the mesh to the bone is done exactly the same way you weight any mesh to any bone. The spring setting is only a bone setting. It requires the mesh to already be properly weighted to the bone.

If you watch the tutorial, you'll see that the springs are very adjustable (via several sliders, and option for rotation or translation).

Wendy is suggesting adding bones and weighting the mesh to them in DAZ. Sw00000p is saying he does everything in max, and so has no use for springs in iClone, as it would be a canned animation at that point.

Reading This Topic