SAY NO TO CARDBOARD WOMEN!!!

Posted By pumeco 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
pumeco
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago

This is actually a feature request, but one with a hidden mission, to rid the iClone world of carboard women - something I'm sure Mason and friends would be extremely thankful for!

So iClone has a superb Spring Bone system, that's fantastic but it's 99% wasted cause there is no way to contol what parts of the mesh a Spring Bone has influence over.  If you look at the attached GIF in a scientific fashion, you will notice that it's not just her buttocks that are jiggling, it's the top of her thigh as well.  Right now, in iClone, you could add a Spring Bone to the buttocks, but there is no way to fine tune it's influence - and that's a serious limitation for Spring Bones.  What I'm requesting here is to be able to select a Spring Bone, then paint a Dynamics Map directly onto the model in greyscale, so that we can control what parts of the mesh jiggle and how much it jiggles when a Spring Bone moves ... like this ...

- Select a Spring Bone
- Enter Dynamic Map Painting mode
- Paint where you want the jiggle using a greyscale brush and smoothing brush
- Jiggle away

In the attached example, the effect would be achieved by painting a lot of influence on the buttocks, some on the thigh, and using the smooth brush on the thigh to blend it so that the thigh doesn't jiggle quite as much as the buttocks.  I don't know why I'm explaining that, cause of course the devs here will know what I mean.  But yup, for the Spring Bones we definitely need a way to paint their influence maps on a per-bone basis, just like we can already set mass etc on a per-bone basis.  Having this sytem in place would make a massive difference to the believability of characters (especially females).

To give you an idea of how important this stuff actually is, bear in mind the girl in this example is stationary, but as you can see, she still jiggles enough to be noticable :

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4c361260-78de-42eb-b65f-15de.gif

Edited
8 Years Ago by pumeco
pumeco
pumeco
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/2a40b66a-2e51-41d4-9711-a639.jpg

Dearest iCloners,

Mason here, just thought I'd drop by the thread to let you know I totally support this request.  I mean come on guys, us iClone characters like our women soft and squeezy too you know, so it's not like you humans are the only ones who enjoy this stuff.  Something like this ... it could put my relationship with Heidi on a whole new level of enjoyment if you know what I'm sayin'

Have a heart, guys, hit that like button, don't let me down - you guys are the best!

And hey, have a good one for me, cheers,
- Mason

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Was it you who posted other pictures for "analysis" a week or two ago?
I support science.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)

While I could spout some feminist diatribe, I also do recognise the need for lonely men like Pumeco to satisfry their needs with 3D animation, it keeps them off the streets and their hands off our bums!
So I will add my supoort behind this request along with jiggling male anatomy for us ladies.

pumeco
pumeco
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

You have no idea how hard I laughed when I read that, Wendy, and I won't even try to defend myself, cause no one would believe me anyway Laugh

Actually though, in my defense I have pics of sexy retro-babes for when I fancy some 'Me Time', so my reasons for wanting this stuff in iClone is purely from a realism point of view, purely professional BigGrin
That said, it was nice to hear it from you, Wendy, a fine specimen of female jiggleness if ever I saw one - I knew you'd understand the importance of jiggle w00t

As for the support you have both pledged, I thank you from the bottom of my heart, but either yourself or Dennis have forgotten to click the "Like" button!

Edited
8 Years Ago by pumeco
JIX
JIX
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I have no idea, why this question popped into my head ...

Did you look for an example in order to explain that feature, or did you look for a feature in order to display that example?!

No, wait a minute ...  you had that example already (for whatever reasons) and while watching it, you noticed the lack of that feature in iClone, right?!
Edited
8 Years Ago by JJJAM
animagic
animagic
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 10 hours ago
There was functionality (it still is there to some extent) to control jiggling. The Spring section in the avatar Modify panel, which is currently used to control the breasts, has an underlying control file. By default, this file only includes the breasts, but you can/could include other parts as well. So in iClone 5, I could have a jiggling abdomen for example, but this doesn't work anymore for G6 in iClone 6 (I forgot if it still works for G5 characters in iClone 6). So there is some functionality somewhere in iClone, which could be expanded. The importance of jiggling has been appreciated by RL since iClone 3 I believe (to the horror of some), but could be further developed for sure.  

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

pumeco
pumeco
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I'll reply to JJJAM and sw00000p a little later, but wow, Job, where on earth is that control file????????? w00tw00tw00tw00tw00tw00tw00tw00tw00t

pumeco
pumeco
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

@All
That Like button still isn't showing a healthy enough count to reflect your love for jiggle, there's no point visiting the thread just to watch the GIF, you should support it by clicking the like button!
It might not matter, but if RL look at the amount of likes for requests, it's important to hit the button just in case!

@JJJAM
Yeah, but don't underestimate how hard it is to find a 'Jiggle GIF' that is respectable enough to post on here, most of them are just blatant in-your-face T'n'A jiggling GIFs!
I was really glad when I found that one, cause it demonstrates influence as well as jiggle, it highlights the point that having a buttock bone alone is no good if it's influence can't be increased over the thigh as well Tongue

Believe it or not, one of the most important areas for this stuff is the back of the upper arm.  Adding jiggle even there makes a lot of difference to things.  It would be great if RL could give us, say, ten fully positional Spring Bones that can be placed anywhere within the figure.  With ten positional Spring Bones to play with, that would give us enough to do a whole figure, something like :

- Breasts L+R (2 Bones Total)
- Buttocks L+R (2 Bones Total)
- Thighs L+R (2 Bones Total)
- Upper Arms L+R (2 Bones Total)
- Abdomen L+R (2 Bones Total)

A grand total of ten bones, and even a limit like that is super-powerful cause remember, if we have a way to edit the influence map, a buttock bone could also include a thigh (as demonstrated in the GIF).  That leaves you with 2 bones to play with, and those bones could do anything you want, like you could position them on the floppy face cheeks of a cartoon character or whatever you want.  The point is, Spring Bones seem to be extremely resource-friendly and lag-free, so a set of ten freely positional Spring Bones with a way to edit their influence map would allow us to achieve incredibly professional animation results (seriously, no messing here), so please, hit that like button JJJAM w00t

@sw00000p

Right, that does it ... you need a friendly slap for that ... I have plenty of "Noodle" and I eat enough of the things it's a wonder I haven't turned into one!
Here's a slap for you ... I'll be Burt ... you be Dom :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhTc3zCZoTc

But you still have time to redeem yourself, cause at least we agree that the Spring Bone system needs updating - and that's what I'm requesting here!
Just one thing though ... you haven't clicked the like button to show your support ... so BigDaddy RL might not think it matters ... so please click that like button ... just a little click w00t

I can't possibly take you seriously unless you click it BigGrin

Edited
8 Years Ago by pumeco
wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)

You used to have to add spring via a script before Reallusion added the function in 3DX5
An spx file I think it was, they way I did it was by modifying horse tail one in notepad naming the unused bones I wanted to be springy and using parameter values
You loaded it as an aml file in Right click option if I recall, been a while since I did it, we now have lua scripts instead no idea if those work with it.
As I only had iC4 std I modified aml scripts a lot for animations I wanted longer or repeating too as I could not do it in the timeline.

Reading This Topic