iClone – Top 5 Best Uses of iClone in 2015

Posted By Realtimer (RL) 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Realtimer (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (21.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.6K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Last Week
For the past 15 years, iClone has been widely used in the world for everything from television programs, 3D film-making, video game development, pre-viz production, special effects, and just about anything. In 2015, we were happy to see iClone being used in movie trailers, and in independent short films as iClone is a great tool for animators to express their creativity with. The use in the Jimmy Kimmel Live! TV show, and Toei Animation Studios previz show exactly just how far iClone has come, and matured, into a professional animation tool.

Here are our picks for the Top 5 Best uses of iClone in 2015!

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6d5494dc-6a91-4623-bc33-f5fd.jpg
thebiz.movies
thebiz.movies
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 hours ago
where?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c02c75f8-9ae1-4091-b8e9-2175.gifhttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4c56836b-f19d-4836-8a16-6370.gif

pumeco
pumeco
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago

I think he forgot to put the hotlink in BigGrin

ToKoMotion
ToKoMotion
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
Here is the link:
http://blog.reallusion.com/2016/03/18/iclone-top-5-best-uses-of-iclone-in-2015/

The Hotlink doesn't work if the image is resized (click to enlarge)Wink.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/43a4ac7b-bd85-430a-aa3e-e3f7.png    https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9cbb0370-ee1b-4f58-9b3d-6930.png    https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e84e0ec9-aa91-47d0-ae07-d519.png
FIND MORE:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/17a1d227-c563-4ece-a41a-257a.jpg

pumeco
pumeco
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)

Cheers Toko, that worked, but clicking on the one in the original post just makes the image larger, nothing else happens, no link.
Anyway, great selection, and had to laugh at that one with the scan BigGrin

mark
mark
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Those are super examples...
I would humbly add my latest venture into the ring as well,  it's certainly not the quality of those examples but this use of iClone is paying a pretty nice dividend. For the last year and a half I've been selling iClone animated theatrical projection backdrops all over the world. These animated clips are being used by stage directors who are utilizing video projectors, to create backdrops for plays in schools, universities and theater groups around the world. Instead of building and painting large sets and backdrops they can project these video clips onto a large screen and then they only have to build small set pieces and props, it's huge savings all around. Having done "The Wizard of OZ " which is proving a pretty big success I  added "The Sound of Music" and "The Little Mermaid" to the collection. Right now I'm working on "Fiddler on the Roof" and "Beauty and the Beast". It takes a few months of work to create a collection but right now at least it seems to be paying off.

Here's a clip from a review for a recent production in London...

Review of the Wizard of Oz – Leos Youth Group – Duchess Theatre London  -  February 18th 2016

"....The set piece routines for example, The Munchkin Sequence, The Poppy Field and The Haunted Forest were excellent. They were all enhanced, as was the show in general, by excellent Animated Backgrounds, provided by Small Wonder Studio. They were not just static scenes but were often part of the action; they and the excellent lighting plot by Tom Olding gave the stage at times, a filmic quality. The use of black and white backgrounds at the start and finish also resonated nicely with memories of the 1939 film: imaginative stuff..."

It all really started by accident when I did the OZ screens for a local production then went ahead and made the YouTube video public and all heck broke loose. The clips have been used in the UK, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Canada, the US. Had and inquiry from Malaysia last week, it's kinda crazy I must say. Hope to launch a website, Animated Projections,  soon to host all the videos in one place and make ordering easier. And It should also make it easier to mix-and-match different clips from all the collections so one could create their own package of backdrops. It's been a lot of fun and I really don't think it would have been as economical with anything else but iClone. Thanks Reallusion!!!Tongue

Sound of Music

Mermaid

OZ collection

Screen Projections

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

toonarama
toonarama
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Here's me thinking you have been very quiet recently Mark. An excellent idea very well executed, l wish you great success in your highly original venture.
mark
mark
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)

shush toons...you'll wake the elves I got slavin' away in the basement!!!TongueTongueTongueTongue

PROMO-BACK2

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

pumeco
pumeco
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Just watching the projections brings back clear memories of the movies, well done Mark!

Strange on that last one, though, where you gave tips for setting up the projector.  I was surprised you never mentioned about rear-projection.  Those video projectors usually have a way to flip the image both horizontally and vertically, so you can project the image onto the screen from behind it.  Doing that would totally eliminate the actors blocking the projection.  Obviously you need the projector to be a fair distance from the rear of the screen.  But some of them, especially those with a short-throw lens, can project huge images at short distances.  In a theatre, they likely have plenty of space behing the screen anyway.

mark
mark
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Good point but I only had one client that did that and they were performing in a gym. Most stages have very little room for rear projection even using front-surface mirrors like we used to do.  It takes a very bright (expensive) projector. which most schools, I've dealt with, don't have the budget for. And don't get me started about the rear-project screens...if you don't use a very special rear-project screen you'll get a very hot-spot in the middle that looks terrible. I've even seen it with the special screen. I have always preferred front project in most all cases.

But I would counsel them privately if they were doing that method..it's just been very rare in the last couple of years.

PROMO-BACK2

Edited
8 Years Ago by mark

Reading This Topic