popVideo Converter 2;

Posted By gcshep 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
jann
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Peter (RL) (3/25/2016)
Bray42 (3/24/2016)
Peter

NOW......... can you understand? Nothing personal Peter......we do appreciate you being here for us! This is an RL PROBLEM.
I hope this UN-CONFUSES  RL.!
As you  stated Peter:
This is the same thing we have done with all our products in the last few years. What is the issue you have with this kind of offer because I'm not clear. Ermm

AND THAT IS MY ENTIRE POINT
Thanks RL but NO THANKS. I refuse to buy it and I hope everyone else does too. You deserve that for making us pay $10 more than the original Pre-release offer and telling us we will get a deal to upgrade after release. Users waited and now must pay MORE? Whaaaat? What is fair about that? Seriously, Someone at RL needs to wake up and get their act together. 

Bray pre-sale offers are great deals for BOTH new and existing customers to get new software at great prices. These offers are not restricted to new customers.

However should you decide to wait and upgrade in the normal way you can, but I'm not sure why you would think that the price should be the same (it is this case though). That is the whole point of sale prices. They are cheaper than normal prices and in some cases cheaper than normal upgrade prices.

However in this case existing popVideo Converter 2 users are being offered the upgrade for same price $79 not $89 so your comments are actually incorrect.

Sorry to say this, but actually it's you who are incorrect. The member price was $89 yesterday, but $79 today. Upgrade price is now $69.
Alien Maniac
Alien Maniac
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Jann

I think we are just wasting our time and breath here. Interesting that you got an email with a new price, I did not. RL is NOT good about alerting us by emails to much of anything except new packs for sale. I find out most all info on the forums and mostly too late. LOL humm

I have tried so many times to help them see that they can improve in a lot of ways but it seems to go nowhere.  Now, I won't even bother trying. What is the point if they do not understand it or simply sidestep it.

Mind boggling, isn't it. LOL

MSI GE66 Raider, Intel 10th Gen, I7, SC Turbo to 5.3 GHZ, 240HZ, 64GB 3300 Ram,  2x 1TB M2 SSD Drives, NVIDIA GPU RTX 2070/8GB, 55" Sony 4K Monitor  External data drives total 7 TB. and an AUDIO Studio Recording system.

jann
jann
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Yes, Reallusions pricing communication is very confusing and chaotic. I don't understand why they can't give a clear message. The price got a jump up (that was maybe an error?), but seems to go down now. I bought the popVideo Suite for $69 - but now i wonder if it was a good or bad choice as the price might soon change again?

I tried to make a price overview, i think it goes like this:

PopVideo 3 suite (popVideo + Super VFX 200)
Pre release: $79 (ended)
List Price: $178
Early Bird Special: $99
Member price: now $79 (release member price: $89)
Upgrade price: $69

popVideo 3
List Price: $99
Early Bird Special: $89
Member price: $69
Upgrade price: $59

It looks quite logical and fair when you see it as a one collected list. The problem is that Reallusion provides the information in pieces and over longer time period, so you never get the whole picture - until it's maybe too late. Like now, as it seems that some popVideo 2 owners still haven't got the upgrade mail?
Edited
8 Years Ago by jann
Alien Maniac
Alien Maniac
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I think they got the message is why the change. I hope in the future they remember this and get the current users a good deal right off the bat as any new user gets for a Pre-Release. That is the whole point made here. That applies to all RL products. All users deserve that. RL is a great company with great hard working people producing their amazing software products but is lacking fairness in this area. Time will tell if that changes.  

MSI GE66 Raider, Intel 10th Gen, I7, SC Turbo to 5.3 GHZ, 240HZ, 64GB 3300 Ram,  2x 1TB M2 SSD Drives, NVIDIA GPU RTX 2070/8GB, 55" Sony 4K Monitor  External data drives total 7 TB. and an AUDIO Studio Recording system.

Reading This Topic