Profile Picture

Does anyone here have a good working knowlage of makehuman and blender ?

Posted By bluemidget666 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Does anyone here have a good working knowlage of makehuman and blender...

Author
bluemidget666
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Does anyone here have a good working knowlage of makehuman and blender ?
I have it a issue making targets for makehuman and so far not getting any reply to questions asked it the makehuman forum.

I can make targets but the eyes always mess things up anyone hit this ?

I Make My Mates Do The CanCan For The Amusement Of Killer RobotsBigGrin
duchess110
duchess110
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
No knowledge on either blue but the eyes can cause problems in max also. Have a look through the manual there is a section about the eyes and the axis I always
after creating a character that then become a non standard is within iClone load a ball and get the eyes to look at that is a good way of testing if the axis is correct.

Duchess Designs Store 

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 12 hours ago
Blender and Makehuman use a different bone rotation than Autodesk and RL. It seems to only be an issue for the eyes, when using a "look at" command. It is pretty easy to fix.

In Blender, select your skeleton and go into edit mode. Now grab the eye bones one at a time and rotate them so that the proper axis is facing straight out from the eye. If I recall Y is pointing straight out, and you want Z pointing straight out. When your done, the eye bones should extend out sideways instead of forward. It will now work correctly with "look at".

Blue, you might also want to look at ManueL lab. Very similar idea, but already in Blender.
http://www.manuelbastioni.com/
bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)

Thanks for the reply's that's what I love about this forum, I have been waiting 2 days in the makehuman forum and still nowt.

The issue is before I even get it ready to go into 3DX, I have edited a Makehuman mesh and want to turn that into a target but the eyes are not connected right or something.
The body targets right but the eyes do not.

I have read all I can find on the subject and actually fell asleep last night trawling through blender & makehuman tutorials.
I bet the info I need is there somewhere but unless someone from makehuman can point me in the right direction its like looking for a needle in a haystack,

Yeah I have looked at Manuel Bastioni Lab but it looks like its in need of some more development, makehuman though has come a long way over the last few months.
I just wish there forum was a bit livelier.

Smile

Edited
8 Years Ago by bluemidget666
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 12 hours ago
This person looks to be changing the eyes with their morph target. They have been active on the forum over there.
http://www.aversionofreality.com/blog/2015/11/16/makehuman-11-anime-style-custom-target-test

I have never tried, and probably never will, creating one for Makehuman.

bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

That great thanks looks to cover what I'm trying to do.

the only reason I'm playing with makehuman is I can model in quads and make clothes fairly easy once I have the eye issue sorted.

Colonel_Klink
Colonel_Klink
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
sw00000p (3/7/2016)

If you are not interested.....
Sorry to bother you!Crying

"I will stop pestering others to learn more."

Kind Regards,
sw00000pCool

Keep pestering, sw00000p. If I could afford to hire you I'd have you as my personal tutor Smile

See all my content in one place
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a5008f7f-0e1f-4504-bcf8-f262.png
Facebook Page: CWK3D Game and Film Content
Cancer Survivor - Retired Teacher - Geriatric Icloner still learning
Hardware: ZX80; Operating System- ZX80 Basic; CPU - ZX80 @ 3.25 MHz; Memory - 1KB; Hard Drive - N/A; Storage - Cassette; Monitor: Any old CRT TV

bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

If you are not interested.....
Sorry to bother you!Crying

"I will stop pestering others to learn more."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hang on what I miss

I really am interested in making my own characters and rigging them. I got 90% there with MH and was hoping to get a easy pipeline for fully rigged characters that are in quads (before getting into iclone)
This does not look like its going to happen so if I want to do this I am open to abandoning that rout and rig the character your way.

I am interested and your not bothering me.

SO where do I start Smile

After saying that I need to get some sleep early start tomorrow.
But you will have my 100% attention tomorrow evening.

using this method will i be able to rig a mesh of my creation ?

So if your up for it, you take me through this in max then Ill worry about translating that to blender.

Edited
8 Years Ago by bluemidget666
bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Ok sleeps out the window Smile

I can export the MH mesh as a obj
Gona grab a coffee then start with this

I did some stuff in Max 5 but never skinning and used biped for the bones so totally new really

bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Right I am at the export stage and I can export it

decimeter
Meter
inch
Centimeter

which one ?

also I will post the exported mesh onto my google drive so we can work with the same mesh should issues arise.

is that ok

Reading This Topic