Rigging software?

Posted By Lamias 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Lamias
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hey guys.

I am looking for a rigging software. I am interested in: 1) Rigging my characters quickly and 2) being able to create facial rigs for facial animations inside iclone (so no mixamo and stuff like that) Tongue

I was wondering which software can do the work that i want in the quickest, yet most dignified fashion.

Which program do you guys use?

Thanks Smile

My YouTube Channel
Phoenix   Wink

wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Well if you do not want to use Mixamo and stuff like that and want quick I suppose 3D studio MAX is the way to go.
Sw00000p can tell you all about that
For poorer people like me Makehuman is a good start, if wanting redistributable characters, it exports rigged FBX or other formats you can modify it in Blender or other software like Carrara in my case keeping the rigged head and adding or removing other parts attaching to skeleton and weightpainting, Blender works well with it, I just do not work well with Blender.

Edited
8 Years Ago by wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)

duplicate

Edited
8 Years Ago by wendyluvscatz
Lamias
Lamias
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

So, Makehuman can rig a character completely? Like mixamo online, plus the facial rigging?

Ps. I happen to have Maya on the pc i am working on. I was thinking about rigging the characters in mixamo and then importing them to Maya for facial rigging. Is this a good way or will the Makehuman route produce the same results, plus saving me some time?

Thank you for the reply Wendy!! Smile

My YouTube Channel
Phoenix   Wink

Lamias
Lamias
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I am ignorant of how to use maya... I have done some stuff with it but, besides HumanIK which is fairly easy, i need to paint skin weights which is a difficult process, and not one that i enjoy doing. Sad

Plus, i don't want anything extreme. I would like to spend more time filming than modeling.

So, as i said, i would like to find the easiest yet most respectable solution for rigging body and face to import them to Iclone and start animating. I would use Mixamo, which takes, like, two minutes, but it doesn't rig the face.. Sad

(Also, the pc along with its software is not mine) Tongue

My YouTube Channel
Phoenix   Wink

Edited
8 Years Ago by Lamias
wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Makehuman is a character generator like iClone Character creator but opensource  that can use several skeleton choices, the face is only partially rigged though, or it can use blendshapes, you choose the output, Human IK is one option too.
it does not rig your original modeled character but you can use it as a starting point to make one
I do not own any costly Autodesk software so cannot comment on the workflow there, hence suggesting Sw00000p as a source of knowledge for that.
Certainly you would have many advanced tools at your disposal in Maya, you just need to watch and read some tutorials.

Lamias
Lamias
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks for the heads up you guys!! Smile

I realise it sounds weird. As i said, the pc that has Maya is not mine, and i can access it only for a few hours a day. That's why i was looking for something else. I will check out Daz.

Concerning Maya, what do you mean with "script?" When i finish the work once, i can save the process and just load it every time?

I don't wanna waste your time nor do seminars over the forum, so if you could point me to any tutorials i would be grateful!! Smile

My YouTube Channel
Phoenix   Wink

Edited
8 Years Ago by Lamias
Lamias
Lamias
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I understand what you are saying. Really, i do. 

I just wish i had the time to do it... Sit down and learn how to use Maya, or any other software. Unfortunately, i don't have the time. So i guess that my progress will be really slow..!!

Anyway, thanks for the help!! I better get started!!

My YouTube Channel
Phoenix   Wink

Edited
8 Years Ago by Lamias
Space 3D
Space 3D
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)

Hai friends,
For speed rigging human body with facial , then use in iclone.
This for reference :
- Autodesk character generator .
- Mixamo.
- Makehuman
- Daz

The best character is on Autodesk character generator ( Rig versi 3D max and maya ).
I use this character with facial then bring to iclone 6. ( Maya rig )

May helpfull.
jarretttowe
jarretttowe
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Show us tutorials for this!

Reading This Topic