Collect Clip

Posted By kmckoy13 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
kmckoy13
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I have transform keys set, motions, motion layer keys and even left and right hand animations on my time line.  I do the collect clip thing and "add to library."  When I apply that motion to my character my character is instantly way up off the ground and into the air far away from the model's "anchor point" or "pivot point."  Am I doing something wrong?
kmckoy13
kmckoy13
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I found a solution.  Let me briefly describe my scene.  I have a house that is elevated....it has stairs leading up to the front door. So the house's floor is not flat with the "world" ground plane.  My character is in this house walking around. So my character isn't touching the ground plane either it's transformed up a little onto the house's floor plane.  When I created an animation and collect them in the Collect Clip track then apply this new animation, my character is instantly moved higher off the house floor plane into the air.   THE SOLUTION.   If I make my animations with my character flat on the default "world" ground plane.  I can do the collect clip steps again and then apply it to my character that was moved back up and into the house.  So basically make your animations while standing on the flat ground then you can safely use them no matter where your character is them moved to.

Reading This Topic