[Problem] I plant but nothing grows

Posted By Akcel 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Akcel
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hello,I am new iClone 6 user and here I was faced with my first problem .When I select the grass and I deposited in my scene, nothing appears on the screen. The grass is present in the scene manager
and the visibility option is normal.I'm selecting the grass and take a tool to try to find it on the map but nothing to do.Do you have any idea?Thank you !

wires
wires
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
You need to make sure that the "Ground" where you want to plant the Grass is a Terrain.

To do this select the Ground item in the Scene Manager, Right click on it and then click on "Convert To Terrain" from the Pop-up menu:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d6dfc580-cef2-48e9-bc08-248f.png

Now when you add Grass/Trees etc. they will snap to the Terrain.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

pinguintje
This post has been flagged as an answer
pinguintje
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I think there is also another problem.  When I drag and drop grass in the main window it is always on position 0-0-0 and all the grass snaps there.
I reported this in the Official iClone 6.3 Issues Tread.

What to do?
1. Drag and drop a grass in the main window (you don't see it, because it is on position 0-0-0)
2. Start gardening in the modify panel (you can plant the grass now)
3. Remove with the mower the grass on position 0-0-0

I hope this helps you and RL will fix this.

Best Regards,
Arie
Akcel
Akcel
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Thank you for you quick responses Smile

@wires : Yes, it's a terrain but when i'm in the scene manager, i cannot right click on the grass.
I have iClone 6 Standard version not Pro, it is perharps because of that.

@pinguintje : It works ! But once planted, we cannot move the grass.

Hoping Reallusion quickly fix the bug.

Thank you very much !

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 7 minutes ago
As Arie has pointed out, there is a bug that will position the first grass at 0,0,0 no matter where it is initially placed. From then on you can then click the "Start Gardening" button and place the grass where you want it. Then just right click to toggle to "Mower" and remove the unwanted grass.

We will try to get the positioning bug corrected soon. Apologies for the inconvenience. Whistling

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Akcel
Akcel
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Merci bien Peter ! Smile

Reading This Topic