Actor name on timeline in CTA 2 PRO

Posted By jsquyre 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
jsquyre
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
I've created custom characters with G2 Body Composer Kit 2 and each one has it's own name that I filed it with.  When I use them they all have the same name on the timeline with just a number appended to them based on when I brought them into the scene.  Example, Dummy M, Dummy M(0), Dummy M(1) for the Male characters and Dummy F for the female characters.  Is there any way I can have them show their unique name on the timeline?
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Yes, bring your saved character onto the stage.
In the Scene Manager double click on the character name and change it to what you want.
Save the character over the original one.
Then, whenever you place that character on the stage it will have that name.

If you place more than one of the same character it will append a number after the name.
You can change the names in the Scene Manager for each project if needed but will only be saved with the project.
Saving the character with a new name will keep that name with that copy of the character.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

jsquyre
jsquyre
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Thanks a bunch, that works great.  I knew it had to be something as simple as that, I just couldn't find the answer in the manual or anywhere else.  I'm working on a project with about a dozen very specific characters and I know their names but its hard to remember Dummy F 2 or 3 or whatever.

Reading This Topic