Posted By jsquyre 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Apply animated motions and performance to multiple characters

Author
jsquyre
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Is there a way to apply animated motions, actions, and performances to a group of characters all at once rather than individually on the time line.  Also I would like to do the same thing with a song so they are all sing in unison.
Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
The short answer is no.

But you can make your life easier by adding all the motions to a single character along with the audio and any facial and mouth performances and when you have it the way you want it, just export from that character a performance file.

You can then drop that performance file onto all the other character, yes one at a time, but they will all do the exact same thing. (You will need to reset back to first frame if you want them to do it at the same time.)

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ad51c90b-00a8-459d-8ca4-2136.gif
Ibis Fernandez   |   (available for hire)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professional Animator, Filmmaker | Creator of the highest quality (modular) G2 rigs for cartoon animator and developer of Toon Titan and Puppet Producer 
Author of Flash Animation and Cartooning: A Creative Guide
>>> be sure to check out http://toontitan.com for professional grade assets, templates, and custom tools for Cartoon Animator and more.
jsquyre
jsquyre
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Thanks Ibis.  That's not the answer I wanted but alas, I did expect that answer.  Your workaround sounds a little more efficient than what I've been doing.  Thanks again.

Reading This Topic