Thank You For All The Wishful Features In January

Posted By Peter (RL) 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
brand468
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Bellatrix (2/24/2016)
I have tried, but I can no longer do without:
  • 3Dconnexion support.
Cheers...

Yes, i agree. Smile
I also miss 3Dconnexion spacemouse support.

My computer: Intel i7-7700K 4.2Hhz 64Gb, Windows 10, GeForce GTX 1080 + GeForce GTX 1070, Phillips monitor 40" 4K  3840x2160 + 2x28" 

jarretttowe
jarretttowe
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago

1) Curve editor -- look at new tools like akeytsu for inspiration
2) image/movie slot for light projection, with shadows and colored shadows 
3) any workflow enhancements

JIX
JIX
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Thanks for the feedback, Peter!

The Wishful Features Thread is one of my favorites, because, because, because, because, because ... because of the wonderful things it does! Wink

Looking forward which features will win the race and which ideas will show up in future ...
Edited
8 Years Ago by JJJAM
will2power71
will2power71
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)

Last Active: 5 days ago
Bellatrix (2/24/2016)
I have tried, but I can no longer do without:
  • 3Dconnexion support.
  • Hotkeys all. Script-able menu icons.
  • Timeline = Unlimited Motion Layers. (new layer options: overwrite/ additive. Name-able. Group-able, collapse-able. Drag drop re-order)
Fix-able in the short run:
  • Expression morph loading: increase from 24 to 84 morphs; profiles loads directly in iClone
  • Drag drop physX weight maps in viewport
  • Figure collision mesh process = pivot always center, Y symmetry, auto-snap to joint center
In the longer run...
  • Dynamic cubemap baking on the fly = near real-time mirror
  • 3D Particles with collision
  • dynamic Fiber hair

Also really liking RL's new progressive attitude and energy.

Will be back to play when things settle into place.

Cheers...

I agree with everything here, but I think one more should be added to this list. Put an animation control rig in the viewport. The puppeteer controller is killing my workflow. If you can't but the animation rig in the viewport, then how about letting us assign hotkeys to the joints, so that we don't have to keep clicking back and forth to select things.
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
will2power71 (2/24/2016)

Put an animation control rig in the viewport. The puppeteer controller is killing my workflow. If you can't but the animation rig in the viewport, then how about letting us assign hotkeys to the joints, so that we don't have to keep clicking back and forth to select things.

If you have the bones visible (bone edit mode box checked) you can just double click on a bone to select it. If they are a little hard to select, click on the little gear thing in the upper left corner of the panel. There are some settings to size and color the bones as you need. Smile
mark
mark
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
...would love to be able to have  "symmetrical" posing at the click of a button and being able to "swap" a pose left to right and so on....'course let's get things working like they're supposed to first...Wink

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

pumeco
pumeco
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
mark (2/25/2016)
...would love to be able to have  "symmetrical" posing at the click of a button and being able to "swap" a pose left to right and so on...

+1

Bellatrix
Bellatrix
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I forgot to mention 3Dconnexion. Kidding.

Finally went back into iClone space again...
Forgot to mention misc workflow enhancements, mainly clicking and scrolling savers...

First, Character Creator
  • A easier to access Reset button for CC morphs, say next to the (wonderful btw) Bake and Refresh buttons
  • Either that, or double click on slider circle to reset (faster sexier than DS/ Poser's Alt Click Reset)
  • A toolbar set of Phoneme/mouth expressions to check mouth issue after extreme morphs (w/o having to visit 3DX) would be nice
Timeline again...
  • Remove Animation is used so often, deserve their own button/s on the Play Bar and Timeline.
  • Forgot to mention: unlimited Motion Layers feature I requested earlier includes multiple Expression Layers too
  • When in Timeline, hitting Delete key on keyboard, should delete selected track, not scene object

3DXchange

• Expression Source Morphs need sliders and one click reset (double click on handle or a top access button)
  • Right panel scroll bar to move to right side and scale up (currently impossible to catch)
  • Left panel drag to resize, or at least wider by default
  • Option to auto apply symmetry
Also yes to quick access pose L/R swap and mirror symmetry.
Would also be nice to be able to add custom Gaits (Presets) to Motion Puppet (custom slouch/ loose wrists etc)

If these can't make next update, next next update.
I can't work in iClone now anyway, until clicking/scrolling rate is reduced by 80%
with 3Dconnexion + quick access menu buttons/hotkeys
Hence, these two are still my no.1 request.

Thanks and cheers all...

>>> Indie Generalist modeler-rigger-animator <<< Hardware: AlienWare i7-HK 32G GTX1080 2T-SSDs BenqSW320 Wacom-Intuous 3Dconnexion ||| Software: IC6 Pipeline - CTA3 Pipeline - ATK2 - Indigo ||| Zbrush4R8. Blender 2.79. DazStudio 4.9. Carrara. Poser. Octane.

Edited
8 Years Ago by Bellatrix
namunger
namunger
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Please, please, please, bring back the facial animation "detail" tab from iC5.

----

sboyd2kus
sboyd2kus
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (452 reputation)Senior Member (452 reputation)Senior Member (452 reputation)Senior Member (452 reputation)Senior Member (452 reputation)Senior Member (452 reputation)Senior Member (452 reputation)Senior Member (452 reputation)Senior Member (452 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Are there any official updates planned for the support for Genesis 3 DUF?
I know Wendyluvskatz has done an unofficial file set.
I am considering the purchase of the pipeline for getting DAZ characters into Unreal Engine 4 and rigging them.
It would be nice to have the possibility of using the facial bone rigging of the G3 M & F models to animate also.
Thanks!
-Sharon

Reading This Topic