Profile Picture

How to export Mocapped animations to FBX?

Posted By reonfourie1 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
reonfourie1
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (430 reputation)Senior Member (430 reputation)Senior Member (430 reputation)Senior Member (430 reputation)Senior Member (430 reputation)Senior Member (430 reputation)Senior Member (430 reputation)Senior Member (430 reputation)Senior Member (430 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Hi there. I'm trying to use Iclone for gameDev and so far I've figured that it's pretty awesome tools that will help alot with mocap and stuff but I'm really having trouble exporting character animations that I recorded with the Mocap Plugin on the characters in Iclone. I see that you have an option In Iclone to edit the character in 3DExchange but it only exports the character not the recorded mocap animation so how do I do this?
will2power71
will2power71
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
You're probably better off posing this question in the Technical Issues forum, but there are also some key pieces of information you're going to have to provide in order for people to be able to help you:

What version of Iclone are you using? 

What version of 3DXchange are you using? Are you using Standard, Pro or Pipeline?

Is the character an Iclone provided G5/G6 character?  Is it a custom Character? 

The more technical details you can provide up front, the better able people will be to help you.

Skuzzlebutt
Skuzzlebutt
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
assuming you have the pipeline versions,

1 load your avatar
2 load your animation via the animation section
3 add it to perform (and highlight it)
4 export as fbx (click export animation as well)

this has been answered many times.
a little searching goes a long way.

Reading This Topic