How to make visual effects

Posted By will2power71 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
will2power71
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
I'm interested in finding out how to make the visual components of an particle effect, but I can't seem to find any good information on it. What I'm talking about is not how to place the emitter, or anything like that. What I'm talking about is setting up the animated visual effect, and not placing it in the scene. Can someone point me in the right direction on this? Most of the stuff I've found is on how to place emitters in the scene or how to change the way it's viewed and not the actual creation of the animated effect. Can someone point me in the right direction on this?
RobertoColombo
RobertoColombo
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi,

I am not sure I understood your post.
Do you mean, how to create a specific particle effect by modifying the particle system parameters ? 

Cheers

Roberto

My PC:
OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.6GHz / MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z390  RAM: 32GB DDR4 2.6GHz / HD: 2TB+3TB  /  
SSD: 2x512GB Samsung 860 EVO + 1x2TB Samsung
VB: Palit GTX2080 TI GamingPro 11GB / AB: embedded in the MB and VB (audio from the MOTU M4 I/F) / DirectX: 12

will2power71
will2power71
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
No. That's not what I'm talking about. You see how someone can create a particle effect of falling leaves, right? How does something like that get set up? Where do you create the definition of the alpha for the leaf. Or if you're creating a particle with an animated effect like a candle flame --is that something where you create a 2d animated sequence that later becomes the particle? There's already good information about manipulating the particle effects once created, but I can't seem to find any on creating the particle itself and how to get it into iclone. I can find information on using particle effects, but I can't find anything on actually planning, laying out and creating the visual effect that becomes the emitted particle... I hope that helps explain a little better what I'm talking about.
Edited
8 Years Ago by will2power71
RobertoColombo
RobertoColombo
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
...so, do you mean the particle texture, i.e. the image of the particle itself ?

Assuming I understood your question, a particle has 2 channels: Diffuse and Opacity that you can edit in any image editor.
Then, each particle has 4 "life" keys, where you can assign additional variations.
Finally, a good particle effect seldom is made with 1 single particle: you can create multiple versions and play with the emitter on/off to create the needed variations.
Hint: attach a particle to a dummy in order to easily duplicate it Wink

Did I got your meaning and answered ? Whistling

Cheers

Roberto

My PC:
OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.6GHz / MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z390  RAM: 32GB DDR4 2.6GHz / HD: 2TB+3TB  /  
SSD: 2x512GB Samsung 860 EVO + 1x2TB Samsung
VB: Palit GTX2080 TI GamingPro 11GB / AB: embedded in the MB and VB (audio from the MOTU M4 I/F) / DirectX: 12

Skuzzlebutt
Skuzzlebutt
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
using a png in the diffuse slot will automatically fill the alpha slot.
so you can google "something.png" or just use iclone to build your asset,
video with a black background also works pretty well, just add it to both slots.

as far as getting things doing what you want.
find one that animates similar, and play around with
wind and gravity, as well as every other parameter
and take note what effect they have.

Edited
8 Years Ago by budbundy

Reading This Topic