Profile Picture

What is the BEST character animation training course online?

Posted By bobandersontn 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

What is the BEST character animation training course online?

Author
bobandersontn
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (464 reputation)Senior Member (464 reputation)Senior Member (464 reputation)Senior Member (464 reputation)Senior Member (464 reputation)Senior Member (464 reputation)Senior Member (464 reputation)Senior Member (464 reputation)Senior Member (464 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Early last year, I stumbled onto an amazing course that had gallery samples of student character animation that was virtually on par with Pixar.   I copied the URL into a file, planning to come back to it later in the year when I cleared room in my life for it.    But... that file was lost (long story).

Therefore, as a newbie to Crazy Talk and iClone, I'm interested to see what this community thinks.   Does anyone know of a training course for character animation that produces top level results for its students?

Thank ya!
Bob Anderson
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Hi Bob

Digital Animation is actually a combination of several disciplines -   you will have animation theory,  which explains how to make credible performances,  this spans from pencil paper to rigging and morphing.   2nd -  each software has their own tutorials that explains how the software itself handles it and techniques they use.

Most top schools,  will train you with maya or 3DS max as those are today's hollywood standards,   not necessarily the only softwares used in hollywood,  but the most common.

Some of the most impressive 'student' work I've seen online with animation comes from http://www.ringling.edu/
who apparently has an online class. 

toonarama
toonarama
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
The amount you are willing to pay will make a huge difference.
This site seems to offer very good formal but expensive training:
https://ianimate.net/
Alternatively a cheaper alternative is to buy video tutorials from sites such as 
jasonryananimation  and splatfrog
Edited
8 Years Ago by toonarama

Reading This Topic