Posted By elliespotter 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Difficulty using Clone Cloth for Gwynne (Lower tight) with heels

Author
elliespotter
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Long time no see guys Smile

I've popped by to ask a question that I haven't seen on the forums and either I'm googling the wrong question or it hasn't come up before.
The problem is that I'd like to use Lower Tight clone cloth to put winter tights on a G5 character but she is wearing heels and the foot of the clone cloth base stays resolutely flat footed when I put her in heels.

In the past I have overcome this problem by putting a texture on the actual skin but this looks silly on toes in open heels. Also using the cloth layer makes the shoe look more realistic by filling the gap between skin and heel (which works great in flats).

Is there a trick to make the clone cloth conform to the foot angle when in heeled shoes?

Kind regards,

Alex

elliespotter
elliespotter
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)

A fine suggestion, if I was to have by character walking at a forward angle of 45 degrees throughout the drama.
Sadly, that won't work. Very careful editing around straps leaves stupid gaps in animation.
It seems really odd that Clone Cloth adapts pretty well to every adjustment I make in the shape of avatars. Long, short, fat or thin the cloth fits.
But not feet.
I think there may have been a decision.
Not the feet,
Every bone in the body ... But not the feet.

Kind regards,

Alex

elliespotter
elliespotter
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I thought you might like to know how well lower tight can be blended with flat soles so I made a short demonstration:
Same trick works with all shoe types, so long as you don't want to show any foot by lack of sides in a high heel. That was my frustration.
There may be something in displacement maps that could work the illusion ...

PS: I used a stock upper to show the stocking tops.My lassie would never wear such short clothing under normal circumstances.

Kind regards,

Alex

elliespotter
elliespotter
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

sw00000p (2/14/2016)
iClone's feet sliding.... drives me nuts. 6 whole versions later.... still there.
Com 'On BigDaddy RL!

A thousand times YES Smile

As for the solution for the foot angle thing, sadly it won't work for a peep toe shoe or sandals, or at least not the way I tried it. I have changed the shoe style (to a simple court pump) to get round the problem.

It always seems to be the easy things that take ages to resolve.
Thanks for taking the time though!

Kind regards,

Alex

Reading This Topic