CT8 on Windows 10 extremely unstable

Posted By O'Brixtor 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
O'Brixtor
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Since I updated my pc (i7 64-bit 3,6Ghz, 8Gb RAM) from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 my CT8 Pro runs like shit. Very unstable and slow to operate. I have reinstalled it and have the latest patch installed, but it just keeps crashing to much. And furthermore I explorer many of the same issues as already addressed in this forum. I'm only working in 2D mode, but still CT8 is so much worse than CT7. It sucks!

Just to give ONE example, that i've payed attention to, crashes occures especially when editing lights and colors to fast (eg. in eye settings). It's like the software can't handle any changes without being given a lot of time to recognize and load everything bit by bit before you can move on. It takes like forever to work like that. And if you're not very very carefull not to eg. close one setting to fast the program crashes (/stopped working). CT7 was never anything like that, so why is CT8 ??

Seriously, to me it's like my disappointments with CT8 just keeps escalating...
(also I'm tired of installing bonus- and motion packs again and again everytime CT needs to be reinstalled)

Or will you tell me that it's all a Windows 10 problem I'm facing here?

/ ...

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
You mention your system specs but don't mention your graphics card. This is often key to the problem.

My personal setup for all my RL programs is on two Windows 10 systems with Nvidia 960 and 980 graphics cards and haven't experienced any crashes with CT8.

I would advise contacting our Technical Support department using the link below. If you supply your dxdiag.txt we will be able to check for any problems.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.aspx

Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

O'Brixtor
O'Brixtor
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

AMD Radeon R7 200 2Gb DDR3

maroalone_me
maroalone_me
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (771 reputation)Veteran Member (771 reputation)Veteran Member (771 reputation)Veteran Member (771 reputation)Veteran Member (771 reputation)Veteran Member (771 reputation)Veteran Member (771 reputation)Veteran Member (771 reputation)Veteran Member (771 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
no me 2 i had problems in win 10 with CT8 when i setup bounce i dident find it in the programe i do it many time i try to rmove it and instal it many time . but the proble is same every time i run iit i found something messin 
Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
This is most likely a Windows 10 issue and not CT8, I had a lot of problems with all my Reallusion products after up dating to Win10 from 8.1.  Graphics drivers was a big problem for me until I installed the AMD Catalyst setup and placed iC6, 3DX6, Content Creator, CT8 and even DAZ Studio  in the "Gaming" section, followed the instructions that Peter had posted in an earlier thread to set them up and that made a huge difference and stopped 90% of my crashes and freeze ups.  Just updating the drivers didn't help, installing the AMD Catalyst setup did!
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/082534d4-6fc7-47c6-ab77-bb57.jpg

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/65591927-d4a7-4497-a7e7-397c.jpg

The other 10% of my system freeze ups and crashes is because Windows 10 comes with  lot of "Bloatware apps" that run in the background and will have an effect on performance also and I got rid of as much of it as I could without causing system problems.  Just google "Windows 10 fixes" and you'll find out what your system doesn't need and instructions to do what you need to do to get rid of the crap if you so desire.  This is what helped me anyways.

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

O'Brixtor
O'Brixtor
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

So after updating my amd graphics drivers and stuff I have the same catalyst as you (as on the screenshot). Been working with CT7 for a while and everything runs smooth as it always has. So I gave it a shoot to reinstall CT8 one more time and check it out again. But sadly, it still sucks. It's exactly as before running slow on all tasks and crashes constantly if stressed a bit - like described above. Nothing has changed by updating graphics drivers. 

Eg. I gave my 3D character a cigarette in her mouth and then regretted and clicked the rollback/undo button. Program can't handel and shut down.

About the catalyst I can just say, that I have no idea how these settings should be?? And imo it should not be a concern of mine either for having an app running correct. I have it all reset to default at this time.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9bda673f-1967-4816-858f-6151.jpg

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

O'Brixtor (3/16/2016)
So after updating my amd graphics drivers and stuff I have the same catalyst as you (as on the screenshot). Been working with CT7 for a while and everything runs smooth as it always has. So I gave it a shoot to reinstall CT8 one more time and check it out again. But sadly, it still sucks. It's exactly as before running slow on all tasks and crashes constantly if stressed a bit - like described above. Nothing has changed by updating graphics drivers. 

Eg. I gave my 3D character a cigarette in her mouth and then regretted and clicked the rollback/undo button. Program can't handel and shut down.

About the catalyst I can just say, that I have no idea how these settings should be?? And imo it should not be a concern of mine either for having an app running correct. I have it all reset to default at this time.

Did you contact Technical Support as I suggested previously? If not I would do so as they may be able to help you.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

richard666
richard666
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
we have the same problems since upgrading to windows 10.  its no good saying contact technical support they dont respond. 

it is no good saying its windows fault, what should we all do go back to windows 8?

reallusion sort this quickly please
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

richard666 (4/16/2016)
we have the same problems since upgrading to windows 10.  its no good saying contact technical support they dont respond. 

it is no good saying its windows fault, what should we all do go back to windows 8?

reallusion sort this quickly please

Actually you are incorrect about Technical Support and anyone who is having technical problems is advised to contact them.

Technical Support will ALWAYS respond and normally within 48 hours Monday to Friday. If your case I see you have sent us two support tickets. One was replied to on the same day, the second was responded to within 24 hours. You can find the replies in your Member Account if you have not seen them yet.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

vidozgeorge
vidozgeorge
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Hi all, I am a newbie to CT8, but did do some work on CT7. I have WIN 10 which apart from some BSOD's at startup appears to work quite well otherwise. However, if anyone out there would tell me (in CT8)  how I can move my finished actor onto a video with an alpha background (so I can insert the motion actor like a PNG file onto another video) and 'blend' the actor into the background video? (My "custom actor" is a png file with transparent (alpha channel) background. 
I hope this makes sense. Otherwise, I think CT8 is brilliant, although I have only been using it for a couple of days.

vidozgrd

Reading This Topic