CT8 on Windows 10 extremely unstable

Posted By O'Brixtor 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
vidozgeorge (4/19/2016)
Hi all, I am a newbie to CT8, but did do some work on CT7. I have WIN 10 which apart from some BSOD's at startup appears to work quite well otherwise. However, if anyone out there would tell me (in CT8)  how I can move my finished actor onto a video with an alpha background (so I can insert the motion actor like a PNG file onto another video) and 'blend' the actor into the background video? (My "custom actor" is a png file with transparent (alpha channel) background. 
I hope this makes sense. Otherwise, I think CT8 is brilliant, although I have only been using it for a couple of days.

vidozgrd

Windows users can export in Sequence Image PNG/TGA format if you wish to include a transparent background (alpha channel). You can then load the sequence images into your video editing software just as you would with standard video formats.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

fazalqkhan
fazalqkhan
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (752 reputation)Veteran Member (752 reputation)Veteran Member (752 reputation)Veteran Member (752 reputation)Veteran Member (752 reputation)Veteran Member (752 reputation)Veteran Member (752 reputation)Veteran Member (752 reputation)Veteran Member (752 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
My crazy talk 8 hangs when I click text to speech icon. I use windows 10. Have installed the latest patch. Dont know what to do. Can anyone help?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

fazalqkhan (4/26/2016)
My crazy talk 8 hangs when I click text to speech icon. I use windows 10. Have installed the latest patch. Dont know what to do. Can anyone help?

Do you have any 3rd party text to speech voices installed? It is possible one of these may be causing a conflict.

If you don't have any extra voices, make sure your audio drivers are up to date as this could be the issue. Also if this only occurred after updating CT8, please try uninstalling and perform a clean install of the latest full version. You can get this from your Member Account. This may resolve the problem.

If you still have problems after that, please contact Technical Support using the link below. They will be able to advise you further.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.aspx

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

ptrading.org
ptrading.org
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
My crazy talk 8 hangs when I click text to speech icon or i click in export.  I use windows 10. I have uninstall and instal the latest patch. I Dont know what to do more. Can anyone help?. I need the program working. i am preparing videos of my Master and now it is not workable.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

ptrading.org (5/1/2016)
My crazy talk 8 hangs when I click text to speech icon or i click in export.  I use windows 10. I have uninstall and instal the latest patch. I Dont know what to do more. Can anyone help?. I need the program working. i am preparing videos of my Master and now it is not workable.

Please send in a support ticket using the link below. Our Technical Support team will try to help you get up and running as quickly as possible..

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.aspx

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Alien Maniac
Alien Maniac
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Ah WIN 10>>> RAM is so important to have a lot.......4GB +++ 3d animation requires a lot of RAM to work well.
There are no bad problems with any RL product running on Win 10......

Well there are a few things to consider here for optimal usage of all RL products.
My experiences include.....
Every RL update: Win 10 resets the following ( I have to reset them)
1. Run com on full  power. (Rt click power icon on taskbar)
2. Update GPU driver (if available) (Rt click icon in taskbar)
3. Reset GPU for each RL Program....(to use only the GPU)
4. On each RL program....Set to (Rt click on program icon, Click Properties) ((click advanced settings) Run as Administrator

Also, check your standard WIN 10 settings
1. Startup programs (Turn off all unnecessary)
2. Turn off Anti virus and such programs (they run in the background)
3. Turn off your wifi connection (WIN 10 and others will download updates automatically in background)
4. Defrag your standard HDD XXX  DO NOT defrag an SSD or do a diskcheck on them either.....they can mess up your SSD
5. Turn off special win 10 custom user settings (those take ram.)
6. Delete TEMP files (Windows Dir)
7. Defrag your registry

NOW....reboot and go get a cup of coffee and come back to a system that works better.
Also Upgrade your RAM. Add an SSD or two. 

MSI GE66 Raider, Intel 10th Gen, I7, SC Turbo to 5.3 GHZ, 240HZ, 64GB 3300 Ram,  2x 1TB M2 SSD Drives, NVIDIA GPU RTX 2070/8GB, 55" Sony 4K Monitor  External data drives total 7 TB. and an AUDIO Studio Recording system.

Reading This Topic