Keyable Mesh Tweaking Within iClone Viewport :

Posted By pumeco 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
pumeco
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago

Reallusion devs, please check-out this feature cause it demonstrates perfectly why I wanted a Morph Brush in iClone.

This is the same sort of thing but with even more control, and would be equally welcome.  The reason this stuff is important is, for example, say we bent a figure into an awkward position and it made the joint look really bad.  Well if we have this stuff, we can edit the vertices at the joint and make them look perfect.  You basically do your edit in any pose and it creates a morph dial for it, a morph that dial can be keyrfamed.  So when the figure gets animated, as the awkward position is reached in the animation, we just dial-in the tweaked morph.  Then, when the figure returns to a normal pose, we just keyframe the morph out again.

Perfect!

This is the perfect workflow because all of the tweaking is done directly inside the viewport, with no importing/exporting required.  So when I use the term "Morph Brush" I use it loosely, because basically, what I want is to be able to do is fine-tune things like this, and to have the generated dials be keyable on the timeline.  With such a feature as that, there's no limit to what can be done.  You can even use it to fix baked dynamic clothing by moving vertices that are intersecting the body.  It really is super-powerful and essential stuff and I truly believe (without wanting to sound selfish) this really is the sort of stuff that should be given some priority in a product such as iClone.

This is an old video and it doesn't show everything it does (for example it has soft selection too) but please check it out cause we really need this stuff, I know I certainly do :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-jUwstANQQ

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
check out this page -  http://www.kalagaan.com/?p=polymorpher

pumeco
pumeco
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago

Cheers Ricky!

Reading This Topic