DRM TAKEOVER

Posted By VirtualMedia 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
VirtualMedia
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Here we go again, RL and their continuous persistence on treating paying customers like thieves.

I updated to the latest versions of IC, CC and 3DX tried to open a character I created in CC and exported numerous times to IC in the past and got an instant nag screen. Tried the 1 click validation and waited 20 minutes on a 100 MB connection which accomplished nothing. Now I can't even export my characters to IC PERIOD!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Peter provided a solution - a reinstall and overwrite removed the watermark and DRM issues

Virtual Media® / VTV® / The Virtual Entertainment Network...
http://VTVLive.com
Attachments
nag3.png (463 views, 234.00 KB)
nagscreen2.png (493 views, 243.00 KB)
nag2.jpg (457 views, 60.00 KB)
Edited
8 Years Ago by VirtualMedia
Eric (RL)
Eric (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Hello VirtualMedia!

Terribly sorry about the inconvenience, we wish to resolve this as soon as possible. If able, can you please upload a copy of your project file to me, as well as the account name for your member email address.

Please send it to me via pm over the forum and I will see to it with our internal development team. 

That being said, our intent was definitely not treating people like thieves, but rather protect the hard work our developer have toiled over in order to build a strong content community that everyone can enjoy. Hope you can understand from our point of view, Thank you!

Eric (RL)
Forum Moderator

Reallusion, Inc.
https://forum.reallusion.com

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - Leonardo da Vinci
VirtualMedia
VirtualMedia
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)

Eric, I appreciate you taking the time to address this personally. I tried to upload a CC 20.2 MB rar file, I received an error saying file was to large.

With regards to content developers I respectfully ask that a DRM system be put into place that respects the time and patience of the clients as well. I travel frequently and use a laptop with licensed RL products. During these times an internet connection may not be available and often find myself in a position were I can't export a CC character directly to IC without watermarks all over the character.

Please consider how frustrating that would be.

I would suggest a one time content validation on a licensed machine for direct export / imports between RL products, I find content validation between CC and IC for the same content every time a bit extreme.

Thanks you for your time and please let me know how I can send you copy of the 20.2 MB Character rar file

Edited
Cricky
Cricky
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I just went through the "One Click Content Validation Process"

This is just the Plain Based, but they all do it!!!

and I still get this on every Item I try to use... even though it appears on the character...
BUG

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c9bd953f-e06c-4024-93c3-52cc.jpg

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Sorry to hear of the DRM problems.

If you are seeing the Validate DRM window, please try closing the window down and then attempt to load the CC character again. If you have an active internet connection you should find the character will load without the Validate DRM window appearing again and the character can then be sent to iClone 6.

If you do continue to see the Validate DRM window, then you can reinstall the CC Essentials bundle which should resolve the problem. Note you may still need to repeat the first step one more time before the issue is fully resolved.

Please do let us know if this helps.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

VirtualMedia
VirtualMedia
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Peter (RL) (2/2/2016)
Sorry to hear of the DRM problems.

If you are seeing the Validate DRM window, please try closing the window down and then attempt to load the CC character again. If you have an active internet connection you should find the character will load without the Validate DRM window appearing again and the character can then be sent to iClone 6.

If you do continue to see the Validate DRM window, then you can reinstall the CC Essentials bundle which should resolve the problem. Note you may still need to repeat the first step one more time before the issue is fully resolved.

Please do let us know if this helps.

Peter to the rescue again! Did reinstall with overwrite - problem solved!

I'm developing a reputation for being hostile about DRM issues and that bothers me. I've purchased many pipeline and pro versions of RL's programs, I'm a long time loyal customer and not a thief. 

I realize RL needs to protect there intellectual property but at what expense?  Running a security check every time we send a licensed and validated file from a licensed and validated RL program directly to another licensed and validated RL program?  That's overkill by any standard, imagine the outrage if Adobe did this every time someone tried to send a PS file to Premiere.

</rant_over>

Edited
rampart
rampart
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
I thought the CC was a tool for us to develop our own unique characters free from DRM or any type of copyright restrictions (unless any copyrights might apply to our own unique characters)
Copyriight license is not required is my understanding, but I don't often read enough of the fine print.

It is possible with all the unique abilities by using CC pre-sets to produce some very unique characters.
That is unless there is some underlying code buried in the CC tools to prevent commercial usage of characters, if created using RL CC.

I would appreciate to know  the exact position of Reallusion on this matter for copyright purposes.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
rampart (2/3/2016)
I thought the CC was a tool for us to develop our own unique characters free from DRM or any type of copyright restrictions (unless any copyrights might apply to our own unique characters)
Copyriight license is not required is my understanding, but I don't often read enough of the fine print.

It is possible with all the unique abilities by using CC pre-sets to produce some very unique characters.
That is unless there is some underlying code buried in the CC tools to prevent commercial usage of characters, if created using RL CC.

I would appreciate to know  the exact position of Reallusion on this matter for copyright purposes.

The content that comes with the FREE version of Character Creator isn't DRM protected but the CC Essentials Bundle and the other new add-on packs are. This is to prevent the content being shared freely in user created characters. As things stand now if you share a character which has content from a DRM pack, then the receiving user will get a watermark unless they already own the DRM protected content.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

rampart
rampart
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Peter,
I am not interested to produce content to resale.  My interest is to produce characters I can use in my videos.  If I create a character with clothing and use it in my videos I don't want people to be able to copyright or take some of  my characters and use them.  I can understand the DRM bit if you produce characters or content that uses base content created by someone else and you sell the characters or content.   Using the content in videos, I would think is a different usage.

What if you were fortunate enough to develop another southpark, or similar cartoon syndication.  I think it would be important to know before you got involved in such a project to assure protection of your characters, and content before starting out.  If that is not possible with RL applications it would be a good thing to know first. 

I recently bought 3dcoat.  I think I can make CC characters unique enough with some edits in 3dcoat.
I need to clothe the characters of course

My understanding...RL plans to release tools that will allow us to create our own clothing and clothing bases in the near future.
Is this true? If true, any idea for release date?

Up to now I have not produced videos commercially.  I have been producing videos now for about 4 years.  I am experienced enough to take on some commercial projects.
I am involved with some who are interested to do a few commercial videos.  They want unique characters for their proprietary usage only.
My principal interest in IClone has always been production of videos, which is why I have purchased so much content from RL.
It has never been an issue of copyright, because everything I produced was just Indie work.

The release of the CC appeared to me, to have opened IClone for unique character production
I presumed these tools would further allow freedom from copyright restrictions when we produce commercial videos with the characters after editing them to have unique appearance.

I would appreciate to know just what I can or cannot do
Will the RL CC be a finalized tool that will allow us to create characters with clothing so we can produce copyright characters, if we need them?   

I started to buy the tokomotion this morning, but I really thought I need to get an answer about this.  The thing that registered with me is the ability to create my own sliders, which in effect means I have the ability to make unique differences in characters. I I created a half dozen sliders or more for edits it would seem to me the CC would not be a problem creating unique characters.  I guess until we get the ability to create our own clothing bases and clothing would be the only DRM or possible copyright issues.

I'm loving the CC so I'm sure hoping this works out.

Edited
8 Years Ago by rampart
wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Since you have 3D coat, you can sculpt and paint body parts to resmble clothes too and use displacement maps, extra bits like cuffs, sleeves, skirts, capes can be attached as accessories and cloth weighted with physX
CC will even load them if named with the character creator accessory extension and put in the custom folder.

Reading This Topic