Profile Picture

ICLONE6-DIFFUSE MAP & PHOTOSHOP CC

Posted By DrVisits 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
DrVisits
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (294 reputation)Senior Member (294 reputation)Senior Member (294 reputation)Senior Member (294 reputation)Senior Member (294 reputation)Senior Member (294 reputation)Senior Member (294 reputation)Senior Member (294 reputation)Senior Member (294 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago

iCLONE 6 PRO USER: UNABLE TO OPEN DIFFUSE MAP IN PHOTPSHOP CREATIVE CLOUD
WINDOWS 10 PC
1. When I click the LAUNCH ICON under Texture Settings (to modify the Diffuse Map) Adobe Creative Cloud CC

launches instead of Photoshop. I can't seem to get Iclone to point to Photoshop without bumping into

Creative Cloud. I even reinstalled Photoshop during the launch process, but the Diffuse Map still does not

open. I HAVE TRIED YOUTUBE AND YOUR FORUM-NO ANSWER FOUND. Is there a way around this problem?

2. Also I recently purchased a hair packet: HAIR BUILDER PIECES, from the market place, but it opened in

Iclone 6 only. Is there a way to get it to open in Character Creator?
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
Forget iClone for a moment (because I don't think this is an iClone problem) -- when you go to File Explorer and click on a JPG image what happens?  If you get the same behavior (that is, if CC instead of PS launches) then that's your problem: you just need to change the settings so that for JPG the default program to open is Photoshop.

The hair pieces you bought can be installed into your Character Creator by copying them over over to the template directory for CC (normally in /users/public/realillusion/template/character creator/hair or some such) and by changing the extension from iHair to ccHair (yeah, a PITA but that's the way things operate in the RL universe -- different extensions for the exact same file types, depending on what program opens them up).

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
wires
wires
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
DrVisits (2/1/2016)

iCLONE 6 PRO USER: UNABLE TO OPEN DIFFUSE MAP IN PHOTPSHOP CREATIVE CLOUD
WINDOWS 10 PC
1. When I click the LAUNCH ICON under Texture Settings (to modify the Diffuse Map) Adobe Creative Cloud CC

launches instead of Photoshop. I can't seem to get Iclone to point to Photoshop without bumping into

Creative Cloud. I even reinstalled Photoshop during the launch process, but the Diffuse Map still does not

open. I HAVE TRIED YOUTUBE AND YOUR FORUM-NO ANSWER FOUND. Is there a way around this problem?

2. Also I recently purchased a hair packet: HAIR BUILDER PIECES, from the market place, but it opened in

Iclone 6 only. Is there a way to get it to open in Character Creator?

Make sure that you have set the correct path to Photoshop in the "Texture Editor" inside the box Preferences panel in iClone.

The Preference panel can be opened by either selecting it from the list under the Edit menu, or by pressing Ctrl+P.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/48bda72c-1110-4437-a9c4-8c1f.png

If Photoshop isn't listed then click on the Folder icon and locate the Photoshop.exe file on your PC. Once you have done that your textures will open in Photoshop for editing.

You also need to set the path to Photoshop in the CC Preferences:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1402d135-98bd-4cb7-bb4e-37cb.png

The iClone Texture Editor path has nothing whatsoever to do with Windows file associations.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Reading This Topic