Posted By Ibis Fernandez 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

iClone compatibility!! Seriously... bring it back its not funny

Author
animagic
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 minutes ago
Ibis, how clean is the data from Perception Neuron? I know some members use MotionBuilder for cleanup but that's an expensive proposition.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
It seems ok. Could work for making short, well-planned motion sequences out of the box. Not sure how it would fair in longer or more performance driven captures.

I was able to successfully convert data from Perception Neuron to iClone 5 format to CTA2. Barring the sprite switching, if the performer can stick to movements that avoid sprite switching, it might be doable without much cleanup. I don't know, it's all experimental. Im not ready to spend that much more on additional software. If there is a free or super cheap solution for cleaning up, I'd be willing to "try" and learn it. I think if you're willing to spend that much on tools you mind as well not be using cta or iclone and instead just go for the more standard faire, like maya or max. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ad51c90b-00a8-459d-8ca4-2136.gif
Ibis Fernandez   |   (available for hire)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professional Animator, Filmmaker | Creator of the highest quality (modular) G2 rigs for cartoon animator and developer of Toon Titan and Puppet Producer 
Author of Flash Animation and Cartooning: A Creative Guide
>>> be sure to check out http://toontitan.com for professional grade assets, templates, and custom tools for Cartoon Animator and more.
Edited
8 Years Ago by Ibis Fernandez
pmaina
pmaina
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
"Now watch me whip,
Watch me nae nae,
Watch me whip whip,
Watch me nae nae..." BigGrin

Impressive toonification.@ibis
Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)

lol thanks. that was my 13 year old daughter performing in the mocap suit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professional Animator, Filmmaker | Creator of the highest quality (modular) G2 rigs for cartoon animator and developer of Toon Titan and Puppet Producer 
>>> be sure to check out http://toontitan.com for professional grade assets, templates, and custom tools for Cartoon Animator and more.
Anonymous2020
Anonymous2020
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Peter (RL) (2/1/2016)
Hi Ibis,

Compatibility with iClone 6 iMotions will be restored but not until CTA3 is released unfortunately. For now motion packs from the Content Store can still be installed directly in CTA2 but nothing from iClone 6 or designed exclusively for iClone 6 will work. We are sorry for the inconvenience this causes.

With respect, this goes somewhat beyond being an "inconvenience." I hope the upgrade path from CTA2 Pipeline to CTA3 Pipeline will be priced with this in mind. I think Reallusion's products are unique, but I do wish the company was more attuned to customer-satisfaction issues. I'm not a programmer, but this issue is bad enough that it should have been a free patch, not a "feature" in the next full release.

Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

With respect, this goes somewhat beyond being an "inconvenience." I hope the upgrade path from CTA2 Pipeline to CTA3 Pipeline will be priced with this in mind. I think Reallusion's products are unique, but I do wish the company was more attuned to customer-satisfaction issues. I'm not a programmer, but this issue is bad enough that it should have been a free patch, not a "feature" in the next full release.

I have to agree 100%. Much of the way all this is handled often makes me question the longevity of these products on a professional setting. Imagine at some point a wide adoption among the professional community, and being in the middle of a feature films and your main products or product toolkit stops working. I almost started my feature film project last year using iClone and CTA as my primary tools. I'm so glad i didn't do it, it would have been a major set back for me.

Anonymous2020
Anonymous2020
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
As an alternative, I'd be OK if they made a patch for 3DX that allowed it to create CTA2-compatible iMotions from 3rd party FBX files. The 3DX iMotions work great in iClone 6, but won't load onto a character in CTA2. I just started doing some MoCap using the Kinect 2 and Brekel Pro Body 2, and I was rather disappointed to discover that my iMotion output files are incompatible with CTA2. (Especially given how many references Reallusion makes to CTA2 being able to use iMotions.)
Edited
8 Years Ago by Dr. Fun
leerner12
leerner12
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (308 reputation)Senior Member (308 reputation)Senior Member (308 reputation)Senior Member (308 reputation)Senior Member (308 reputation)Senior Member (308 reputation)Senior Member (308 reputation)Senior Member (308 reputation)Senior Member (308 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
as a CTA2 pipeline user iam very disappointed that the motions only are compatible with IC5 motions.

Reading This Topic