How can I open .rld file ?

Posted By subone 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
subone
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (503 reputation)Veteran Member (503 reputation)Veteran Member (503 reputation)Veteran Member (503 reputation)Veteran Member (503 reputation)Veteran Member (503 reputation)Veteran Member (503 reputation)Veteran Member (503 reputation)Veteran Member (503 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Hello,
I recently downloaded iclone character creator for the first time, and while I was searching on the market, I downloaded a pack and it appeared as an .rld file.
I have Windows 8 and Windows did not recognize the file. I read that it should be opened by Content Downloader, but I can't seem to find it on my computer.
So how can I open this file ?
Thanks.
sjonesdc
sjonesdc
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
subone (1/30/2016)
Hello,
I recently downloaded iclone character creator for the first time, and while I was searching on the market, I downloaded a pack and it appeared as an .rld file.
I have Windows 8 and Windows did not recognize the file. I read that it should be opened by Content Downloader, but I can't seem to find it on my computer.
So how can I open this file ?
Thanks.

Just a suggestion - go back, download again, but save the .rld file.  I always save the .rld file to the desktop, that way I do not need to hunt for it, in case I accidentally close the window  At the bottom of the window, you should see Installcontent.rld  DON'T CLOSE THE WINDOW, just click on it and the program will begin the install process. Every time you download items from the Marketplace, just override the previous Installcontent.rld file. It only download the selected item(s).

sjonesdc Hehe

STILL LEARNING!!!

Edited
8 Years Ago by sjonesdc
subone
subone
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (503 reputation)Veteran Member (503 reputation)Veteran Member (503 reputation)Veteran Member (503 reputation)Veteran Member (503 reputation)Veteran Member (503 reputation)Veteran Member (503 reputation)Veteran Member (503 reputation)Veteran Member (503 reputation)

sjonesdc (1/30/2016)

Just a suggestion - go back, download again, but save the .rld file.  I always save the .rld file to the desktop, that way I do not need to hunt for it, in case I accidentally close the window  At the bottom of the window, you should see Installcontent.rld  DON'T CLOSE THE WINDOW, just click on it and the program will begin the install process. Every time you download items from the Marketplace, just override the previous Installcontent.rld file. It only download the selected item(s).

I think you misunderstood me. Smile
I know where the Installcontent.rld is, but the problem is that I don't know what program should I use to open it. I am not finding the program called Content Downloader on my computer.
Edited
8 Years Ago by subone
urbanlamb
urbanlamb
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
The RLD is the content downloader simply double click it and it will execute and download the content for you.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go."
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Dr. Seuss

subone
subone
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

urbanlamb (1/30/2016)
The RLD is the content downloader simply double click it and it will execute and download the content for you.  

The problem is that the file has no program associated with it.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/be25b607-ed5b-4ff9-9fae-bfb7.jpg
subone
subone
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

You are not understanding me BigGrin

I know that you can associate a file type to a program Wow, but the problem is that I don't know what is that program. If it is "Reallusion Content Downloader", then I am not finding it anywhere in my PC, even though I downloaded iClone v6.3 PRO Trial and downloaded also iClone Character Creator v1.3 Trial.
urbanlamb
urbanlamb
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
subone (1/30/2016)

I know that you can associate a file type to a program Wow, but the problem is that I don't know what is that program. If it is "Reallusion Content Downloader", then I am not finding it anywhere in my PC, even though I downloaded iClone v6.3 PRO Trial and downloaded also iClone Character Creator v1.3 Trial.

Again Reallusion downloader is the "rld" this is what it stands for.   click on it.   you will get a pop up.  There is no program to associate it with.   It will start up and attempt to download.     You need to be connected to the internet. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go."
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Dr. Seuss

lesdodds
lesdodds
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
subone (1/30/2016)

The Content Downloader 
is part of RL's payed for programs not Trial. Version 2.14 is out now.

LesterSmile
 My YouTube
My Facebook
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
-Walt Disney

Reading This Topic