Posted By Snarp Farkle 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Question.png
Snarp Farkle
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
I purchased some items with DA points and downloaded the Installcontent.rld to automatically open with the  RLDownloader but when I click start it downloads but when almost at 100% I get a pop up box that says I don't have enough disk space which is not correct at all, unless the few particle emitters I bought are bigger than 85gigs lol!  This is a new one for me, I haven't had any problems with the installer until today.

I also updated the RLdownloader to 2.4, restarted my machine, re-downloaded the Installcontent.rld but it still says I don't have enough disk space and I can't get my stuff. Sad   I sent a support request but was wondering if anyone else is having the same issue.

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

animagic
animagic
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
I just ran an RLD file and it worked fine. I have had issues in the past but those had to do with permissions.

I don't know if it would help, but you could download the RLD file and then try running it as Administrator.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

animagic (1/29/2016)
I just ran an RLD file and it worked fine. I have had issues in the past but those had to do with permissions.

I don't know if it would help, but you could download the RLD file and then try running it as Administrator.

Thanks for the reply animagic, I don't know if it's a Windows 10 thing or not but it doesn't show the "Run as Administrator" for this type of file.  Here's a video of what's going on, really strange, I've not had any problems with the Installcontent.rld's before this and I was able to download updates through Reallusion Live without a problem, also downloaded some .exe content files to see if it was just the RLD files or not and that's what it seems to be.  Updated the RLDownloaer to 2.4 also, twice.  Support is looking into it.

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

animagic
animagic
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago

I hope you get this resolved. It's a very strange problem indeed.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Still not able to use Installcontent.rld to download products and since it's Saturday I'm sure it'll be a few more days before it gets resolved, support has turned it over to the developers for further investigation, I feel special now, LOL!   I keep thinking it must be on my end, no one else is reporting this strange phenomena, I've tried a different browser even though I know that should have nothing to do with it because RLDownloader is it's own entity not browser dependent.  I've shut down my personal firewall, and antivirus also but nothing seems to work!  Luckily it's not something I truly need at this very moment, just another very odd thing on a long list of odd things that happen to me almost on a daily basis!  Ha-ha-ha! w00t

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
haha I think that a lot of us dont post if they put in tickets anyhow i found that if you get that message if you restart your pc and try again it seems to work.   This bug is present in a few other areas as well including 3dexchange if you try to export a prop or avatar you made with the animations so try removing the one with animations and see if it works.    The bug is intermittent so it may be hard for them to fix.     

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go."
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Dr. Seuss

Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

urbanlamb (1/30/2016)
haha I think that a lot of us dont post if they put in tickets anyhow i found that if you get that message if you restart your pc and try again it seems to work.   This bug is present in a few other areas as well including 3dexchange if you try to export a prop or avatar you made with the animations so try removing the one with animations and see if it works.    The bug is intermittent so it may be hard for them to fix.

Thanks urbanlamb for the reply, I don't usually post what I have a support ticket for but these last two have them stumped, so I'm reaching out in case someone else has had similar experiences but I still think it's on my end though, some stupid registry entry or something.  I've restarted more than once, and even with running chkdsk but get the same results.  What's funny is that at the same time this was happening, 3Dxchange Pipeline Trial version wouldn't let me export to FBX even though I have export licensing, and each time I tried, and failed, it would take the count of exports allowed down one!   So it's been a strange week to say the least. Smile

Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Exclamation UPDATE: Exclamation

This problem is related to my post on "Moving Custom Folders to a different hard drive" , The RLDownloader got confused because as it turns out in Windows 10 and maybe 8 there's another set of registry entries for Reallusion custom and template folders. 

Thanks to the development team's suggestions, I found them located in; HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Reallusion

Once I changed these locations too I was able to download and install to my template folders on my new drive with no problems. 

I will update my Moving-Custom-Folders-to-a-different-hard-drive post.

Thanks for trying to help, that's what makes this forum so special! Smile

ci2nki333
ci2nki333
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (489 reputation)Senior Member (489 reputation)Senior Member (489 reputation)Senior Member (489 reputation)Senior Member (489 reputation)Senior Member (489 reputation)Senior Member (489 reputation)Senior Member (489 reputation)Senior Member (489 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Yo Can you kinda go over how to do it again.I can use the CC Essential pack and is stoping production.
Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

ci2nki333 (5/1/2016)
Yo Can you kinda go over how to do it again.I can use the CC Essential pack and is stoping production.

Are you referring to moving custom folders or installing from RLDownloader?

Reading This Topic