Additional sprites layering

Posted By CeZikk 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
CeZikk
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hi!

I am looking for the best solution to my problem. What I want to do is to add some text on my character t-shirt, so it would be the same sprite as Upper_torso.
I know I can create my own character in Flash and add the text there as one of the layers, but for this I would need to create the shirt from the scratch. And I don't want to do this,
cause I want to change my shirts in CTA2. So I tried to add this text as a ear sprite. And it all works well in Character Composer. The text is layers above the shirt.
But when I exit the Compser it goes below the shirt, so I cannot see it. Is this some kind of a bug or there is a workaround? Or maybe there is another solution to this? Thanks!
toonsunlimited
toonsunlimited
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)

CeZikk,

Have you checked your facial layering and facial mask?  Keep in mind the sprite you are using is an actual face sprite.  The face has separate layering than the body sprites.  I  would suggest you check to make sure the ear sprite is at the top layer for all of your views.  Then you go into the Face Mask and expand the mask over the Upper torso as well.

Janell

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c09b5311-3ab1-47a8-995d-c2df.png
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/0a076bbd-c788-40a3-b65c-4995.png

Email: askjanell@toonsunlimited.com

Check Out My Channel For CTA "How To" Tutorials
  Follow me on Facebook for Characters in Development
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/7e3e974d-b57b-4b3a-b000-da9f.png

CeZikk
CeZikk
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

I'm sorry, my mistake. I didn't mean ear. I meant RABBIT ear, so it it definately the body sprite. I also tried to add it as tail, but also doesn't work Sad

Reading This Topic