Profile Picture

How can I inflation the soft cloth or soft body?

Posted By Dan@3DIM 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Dan@3DIM
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I am using Iclone 6 and do not have Iclone 5 for Bullet physics engine.

How can I inflation to blow up the pillow model using physX engine?
Cricky
Cricky
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
daniel_98 (1/19/2016)
I am using Iclone 6 and do not have Iclone 5 for Bullet physics engine.

How can I inflation to blow up the pillow model using physX engine?

I have an idea, but have not had time to test it...

Bullet Physics items already constructed will work in iClone6, but why they get disabled when a PhysX option is used, has something to do with the two fighting for dominance.  

Bullet is better, and I don't care what other's opinions are on that; it works, plain and simple.  Physx has some uses, but not enough to completely stop the Bullet Engine use and inclusion in the program.
As a programming minimum, to at least allow baking of the soft cloth when PhysX is switched to after the animation for Bullet soft cloth is rendered, and keep the recording.    

I'm not pushing a sale, but these still work. You just have to use the Bullet Engine option  http://city.reallusion.com/ContentPreview.aspx?i=JICb715ac16034073024&g=GS634545170497417354

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
You cannot do inflation like a ball, but you can have a physics material with a force applied that will counter what is pushing on it.

Down at the bottom of the physics panel, you will see a setting for wind. Inside the wind section, there is also a global force section. By applying some global force to the Z-axis, the material will billow up against what is pushing on it. You would anchor the edges with a weight map.

You will probably want to make your pillow from an upper and lower half.

pumeco
pumeco
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago

Out of curiosity, does anyone know why they stopped using Bullet and switched to PhysX for iClone6?

As Bullet is Open Source it will continually be improved, unlike PhysX which will become obsolete as soon as nVidia says so.
When I see stuff like those pillows Cricky did, really makes me glad I stuck with 5.5 with Bullet!

Dan@3DIM
Dan@3DIM
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Just wonder if I able to hand on a Iclone 5, import a pillow then open the project in Iclone 6 and using bullet engine.. Will it work?I am sure I saw 3D world magazine give away a free Iclone 5.
Dan@3DIM
Dan@3DIM
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hey all, I just download Iclone 5 from 3d world magazine.. good news I just successful create a inflation soft body! it is so easy.

Bad news.. I just export asset to Iclone 6 and it don't working at all. include a save project from Iclone 5, bah. ( it was in bullet engine mode, just in case you all thought I was on default mode Tongue)

I guess I'll have to use Rampa's trick. Until Reallusion fix this.
Dan@3DIM
Dan@3DIM
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Yes! Thank Rampa, your trick work very well. I haven't remove bottom part but instead I put full weight on the bottom and leave edge and top free. it look like pillow.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/0a739f4d-c56b-4aa8-a283-c720.jpg

yep. that look like pillow and animation like pillow! yay

now I am try do same on duvet... have to think outside the box... heh

don't worry about 'pixel' surface. camera are out of range to spot that 'pixel' Wink
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
Yeah. I found I was able to get a much better representation of a pillow with PhysX. Looks like you did too! With it deforming with little pseudo-creases from the characteristics of the fabric. Thanks for showing us the pic! Smile

I'm much happier with the PhysX physics as well. It just works so much better! Being able to control it with a texture map is also quite significant. Oh, and we can bake it if we want! Wink

Reading This Topic