Profile Picture

Please help me resize and save my sprite edits!

Posted By juliehoy 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
juliehoy
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (405 reputation)Senior Member (405 reputation)Senior Member (405 reputation)Senior Member (405 reputation)Senior Member (405 reputation)Senior Member (405 reputation)Senior Member (405 reputation)Senior Member (405 reputation)Senior Member (405 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Okay..... I'll watch for that when I actually get to creating an animation.  Right now I'm just making my characters and testing them.
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
The only way that I can think of for one pic to be in all angles is by using the Add All or Replace All function.

Once you have the sprites in the character they should not change unless you change them.

When you take a character to Composer Mode it will always reset back to the default sprites (default pose).
You must then reselect the new pose to edit any of those sprites.

Typically I will add the first angle sprite to all angles (Ctrl-N) and then replace (Ctrl-Shift-R) the other angles with the sprites for that angle.

Before you go back to the Stage you can always save the upper body in the Content Manager | Body | Upper | Custom folder after you check that all angles are good.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

juliehoy
juliehoy
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (405 reputation)Senior Member (405 reputation)Senior Member (405 reputation)Senior Member (405 reputation)Senior Member (405 reputation)Senior Member (405 reputation)Senior Member (405 reputation)Senior Member (405 reputation)Senior Member (405 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I see what likely happened.  Last night I used Replace All, thinking that would replace all the angle pictures onto my character rather than just replacing all the angle pictures in the angle window with the single picture I upload to the sprite editor. I didn't save my project after that, because I was just messing around, which is why my angles returned this morning.  I then likely made a similar mistake this morning and did save, which is why they are gone now.

Alright. Sprite editor in Composer mode has nothing to do with what happens to your actual character in stage mode. It's merely a place to add a pose one angle at a time, or add all the angles with one picture and then replace them one at a time. (Is there any other use for Replace All, versus replace one at a time?)  From Composer mode you can also transform the sprites you've added as poses.  Do I finally have this down?

If you want to actually change your character, you have to do that from the templates in the Content manager.  Or sometimes it will work using the sprite editor in the Stage, but that's not reliable with supplied CTA actions.  Correct?

This time around, I replaced all the other angles in this pose, currently my only pose, with the correct pictures in Composer using sprite editor.  That requires using the arrow to get the menu to use the command to only replace the current angle. Just pressing the replace button seems to default to replace all.

Then i saved it as a template in my custom upper folder. I did this in the composer mode by selecting my shirt and navigating to the proper folder in the content menu and clicking the plus button at the bottom of the content menu.

Then in stage mode, my character is wearing her new shirt at all angles in the action from the right click action menu.

Brilliant!  Now I will test to see if I really understand what I did by adding a new shirt to my second character!  ;p

Thank you so much for the personalized help, Jeff!  =)

~Julie
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
juliehoy (1/18/2016)
I see what likely happened.  Last night I used Replace All, thinking that would replace all the angle pictures onto my character rather than just replacing all the angle pictures in the angle window with the single picture I upload to the sprite editor. I didn't save my project after that, because I was just messing around, which is why my angles returned this morning.  I then likely made a similar mistake this morning and did save, which is why they are gone now.

That would explain it nicely.

Alright. Sprite editor in Composer mode has nothing to do with what happens to your actual character in Stage mode. It's merely a place to add a pose one angle at a time, or add all the angles with one picture and then replace them one at a time.

Correct.

(Is there any other use for Replace All, versus replace one at a time?)

If you have something symmetrical, like an arm or leg part, you would load it once into all angles and then adjust for each angle.

From Composer mode you can also transform the sprites you've added as poses.  Do I finally have this down?

I think you have it now.

If you want to actually change your character, you have to do that from the templates in the Content manager.

Not necessarily. You can replace the default sprites on a character and then save as a new character in your custom folder.
Or use the multiple poses method but be aware that not all motions will work with that nicely.
Saving as a body part allows you to reuse it over and over. Even applying it to other characters.

Or sometimes it will work using the sprite editor in the Stage, but that's not reliable with supplied CTA actions.  Correct?

Correct.

This time around, I replaced all the other angles in this pose, currently my only pose, with the correct pictures in Composer using sprite editor.  That requires using the arrow to get the menu to use the command to only replace the current angle. Just pressing the replace button seems to default to replace all.

Yes, the default seems to be ALL.
I use the keyboard shortcuts:
  • Replace Current: Ctrl-Shift-R
  • Add Current: Ctrl-Shift-N
Then i saved it as a template in my custom upper folder. I did this in the composer mode by selecting my shirt and navigating to the proper folder in the content menu and clicking the plus button at the bottom of the content menu.

Correct.

Then in stage mode, my character is wearing her new shirt at all angles in the action from the right click action menu.

Brilliant!  Now I will test to see if I really understand what I did by adding a new shirt to my second character!  ;p

You should not have a problem with the next one for I think you have it down now.

Thank you so much for the personalized help, Jeff!  =)

Glad to help.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

Reading This Topic