General Comment on Wishful Features

Posted By JC Weatherby 8 Years Ago
Rated 4 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
JC Weatherby
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
My goal is to see iClone fulfill its promise as a complete animation package. It's not desirable or important for me to use ready-made content, except to the extent I can modify it in iClone.  I want iClone to be able to take whatever I throw at it - all my assets from other programs - and utilize them in a scene.  iClone already allows me to import my own props.  But I need to be able to import my own clothing and accessories and conform them to CC avatars as well.  

With this key ability, a curve editor, and just a few additional tweaks, to me iClone would be "complete."  

Edited
8 Years Ago by JC Weatherby
Colonel_Klink
Colonel_Klink
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
JC Weatherby (1/15/2016)
My goal is to see iClone fulfill its promise as a complete animation package. It's not desirable or important for me to use ready-made content, except to the extent I can modify it in iClone.  I want iClone to be able to take whatever I throw at it - all my assets from other programs - and utilize them in a scene.  iClone already allows me to import my own props.  But I need to be able to import my own clothing and accessories and conform them to CC avatars as well.  

With this key ability, a curve editor, and just a few additional tweaks, to me iClone would be "complete."  

I agree, having to throw money at Iclone in order to accomplish a project just to get clothing, hair and accessories is one of the biggest downfalls of Iclone in my opinion. Being able to create custom clothing to fit whatever the wardrobe dept needs would be better than having to (a.) buy clothing packs that may have the item you need, (B.) create/convert characters with the necessary clothing. Case in point: My characters in Colour Blind are required to have several changes of clothing. It would be great that after I've created the uniforms, civvy clothing, etc, I could convert them so they could be put on the CC characters from within Iclone. I really don't see the purpose of having customised characters from CC if all they have to wear is the stock Iclone clothing from within Iclone and CC Essentials. I've figured out hair as accessories, and that is not a problem. However, to make Iclone a previz/animation complete package, allowing users to to do this without shelling out more and more money would be great. 

See all my content in one place
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a5008f7f-0e1f-4504-bcf8-f262.png
Facebook Page: CWK3D Game and Film Content
Cancer Survivor - Retired Teacher - Geriatric Icloner still learning
Hardware: ZX80; Operating System- ZX80 Basic; CPU - ZX80 @ 3.25 MHz; Memory - 1KB; Hard Drive - N/A; Storage - Cassette; Monitor: Any old CRT TV

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 8 hours ago
JC Weatherby (1/15/2016)

This is something planned for Character Creator but we still have a couple of upgrades to go before we get there. Wink

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

JC Weatherby
JC Weatherby
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Peter (RL) (1/17/2016)
JC Weatherby (1/15/2016)

This is something planned for Character Creator but we still have a couple of upgrades to go before we get there. Wink

Thanks Peter, You've hinted at this a couple of times. The problem for me is what to do until that happens.  Obviously if I can take a nude CC and model clothes in Blender then send it back via 3DX, that would be the way to go.  The rigging is the only real pain-point for me (as 3DX won't auto-rig the character for me).  Do you think I could use the Clone Bone - exported from 3DX - as a default rig inside Blender and FBX export a finished/clothed character back to iClone?    Blender has "Rigify," but it doesn't do the face, which is critical so I can remap the bones in 3DX.

Reading This Topic