Profile Picture

Unity mecanim skeleton

Posted By hmiri 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
hmiri
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Hi all,
A novice here, just downloaded the trial CrazyTalk and its Unity plug-in.
I searched for the term "mecanim" in the forums, but no posts came up, so here is my first question:
I have imported into Unity a free realistic-looking character from AutoDeskCharacterGenerator. I have, also, set it as a humanoid character, so that mecanim bones (i.e. Unity mecanim skeleton) would be automatically integrated into it.
I animate this character based on the throughput of a motion-capture device (called Xsens) that basically maps the positions & orientations of a human wearing the mocap suit onto Unity's mecanim bones, and thus animates my character. So, in my Unity project, I now have an avatar that does exactly what a user does in real time, while wearing the Xsens mocap suit.
Now, all I need is to make this character (as is) speak and say things, for experimentation. Can I simply add the capabilities that CrazyTalk offers "without" losing anything that I have made so far? In other words, is it as simple as just adding verbal communication and lip sync and facial gestures to a Unity mecanim character, without compromising anything else?
The character should continue to move exactly as the user moves (via the mocap plug in for Unity) so I wonder if CrazyTalk can be used on something with a mecanim bone structure that is already operating within a Unity app...
Many thanks,

Reading This Topic