Profile Picture

CTA2 - Animated Music Video

Posted By BANG725 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
BANG725
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Been a while since I've posted anything here as I've been working on this for a while.
This is an animated music video I made for a local band.
It was made using CTA2 Pipeline as well as a lot of editing from Adobe Premiere / After Effects. CC very much welcome Smile

Ben
CrazyTalk Animator 2 Pipeline
I like making and watching videos

O'Brixtor
O'Brixtor
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Have you noticed how he holds the guitar-neck at around 1:29 ? Also i saw a few mistakes like that in the ending (elbow at 3:15, sitting on chair 3:20, and band-lineup-fade-out at 3:29).

The drummer flying out in space I liked and found as a good idea :-)

tonk
tonk
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Ben,
as I am very interested and involved in both genres (music and animation) AND I am also an end-user (or call it "end-customer"),
I would like to tell you that your video is really great and a meticulous work. Thumbs up for you.

I do not want to criticize  "...how he holds the guitar-neck..." or little mistakes because the audeince does not realize
these things.  It does not matter because the audience just watches the thing on the whole and they emotionally like it or not.

I liked your video at first sight. It tells an emotional story and it touches the viewer with the characters and with the story.
Good work.

O.K. -  I must admit that I am not a real fan of the music, but this also does not matter because everyone has another musical taste.
The music seems to be well-produced in a recording studio and the musicians did their job well. The singer did his best and the chorus
is well-done in my opinion.

Now, I have some questions:

1. how did you create the characters of the musicians? I think they are similar to the real people and you had to get some CTA2-characters
looking similar to he original musicians.
2. where did you get the props like drums and guitars for CTA2 ?
3. how did you animate the drumming ?
4. did you work with iMotions ?

Thank your for your reply. Please do not quail - you are on the right way.

Bang173
Bang173
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (601 reputation)Veteran Member (601 reputation)Veteran Member (601 reputation)Veteran Member (601 reputation)Veteran Member (601 reputation)Veteran Member (601 reputation)Veteran Member (601 reputation)Veteran Member (601 reputation)Veteran Member (601 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
I am very aware of the mistakes in the video. The part you've mentioned was more of a glitch in CTA2 itself. As the character was on an angle, the layers kind of messed up and were pretty much impossible to fix no matter what i tried. The band and I decided to leave the scene in there anyway as sort of a joke.
Similar issues occured for the other scenes.

tonk (1/14/2016)
Ben,
as I am very interested and involved in both genres (music and animation) AND I am also an end-user (or call it "end-customer"),
I would like to tell you that your video is really great and a meticulous work. Thumbs up for you.

I do not want to criticize  "...how he holds the guitar-neck..." or little mistakes because the audeince does not realize
these things.  It does not matter because the audience just watches the thing on the whole and they emotionally like it or not.

I liked your video at first sight. It tells an emotional story and it touches the viewer with the characters and with the story.
Good work.

O.K. -  I must admit that I am not a real fan of the music, but this also does not matter because everyone has another musical taste.
The music seems to be well-produced in a recording studio and the musicians did their job well. The singer did his best and the chorus
is well-done in my opinion.

Now, I have some questions:

1. how did you create the characters of the musicians? I think they are similar to the real people and you had to get some CTA2-characters
looking similar to he original musicians.
2. where did you get the props like drums and guitars for CTA2 ?
3. how did you animate the drumming ?
4. did you work with iMotions ?

Thank your for your reply. Please do not quail - you are on the right way.

1. The characters are based on actual people, and were created in Adobe Flash using the Dummy Template (You get that with Pipeline).

2. All the custom props (guitar, drum, etc) were created in Adobe Photoshop, (based on the real-life instruments) then exported as either JPG or PNG. They were then imported into CTA2 as custom props.

3. After experimenting with a bunch of different techniques I ended up connecting the drumsticks to the hands, then using the sprite editor to change the hands to a fist shape, and editing the layers so the drumsticks were behind the hands but infront of every other body part. This had to be done in every seen the drums were featured in. The actual animation was pretty much move both of the arms every 3-4 frames.

4. Nope, pretty much all of the animation was done using the 3D Motion Key Editor in CTA2.

CrazyTalk Animator Pipeline
I like to watch and make videos and stuff

Edited
8 Years Ago by Bang173

Reading This Topic