HELICOPTER ROTOR ANIMATION

Posted By richard666 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
richard666
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
I have purchased a DREAMSCAPE so i could get a turning rotor blade as the chopper moves throught the sky.  The problem is that i have not got a clue how to make it animate /turn. i cannot find instructions anywhere from iClone or DREAMSCAPE.  Can anyone help me or direct me to how i get the rotors to move and the missiles to fire. the helicopter is not worth paying for unless these things move!!.  thanks

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
If you have 3DXChange you could bring the model into it and make the rotor a sub-prop as well as choose the pivot point for it to rotate around.

I just brought this free sketchup model into XChange, selected all the rotor stuff, made it a subprop and aligned the pivot, and created this animation:

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Skuzzlebutt
Skuzzlebutt
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
this may help,
its best if you tried it with a free model first before you commit hard earned cash

http://tf3dm.com/search/?q=chopper&format=All+Formats&search=Search
scroll down the page .the Mi-28N Havoc is obj so compatible with 3dx

next look at this fine tutorial from the great forum user Mark aka smallWstudios

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LP7MEE4Pt_4

Edited
8 Years Ago by budbundy
richard666
richard666
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

thank you your animation looks good. i bought the helo through iclone thinking it would all work without having to do anything much.....maybe i should just get the freebees and work on them a bit. the model was crap anyway i would not recommend paying 19 dollars for it!!!!!  ive got better free!!

richard666
richard666
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

thank you very much for replying. i will try this, best wishes

JIX
JIX
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Did the same thing (as Kelleytoons described) a couple of months ago. It´s really easy. Good luck!

Cricky
Cricky
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
https://youtu.be/fD3pOKM31LU  Made in Jan 2015, and it still applies

https://youtu.be/ovwU2iDwKuA  Made in 2010, and it still applies.  

0 - 179 -  358 -   0   Four Numbers that if spaced evenly for  time line position, in this order, gives a perfect 360 rotation in iClone.  
Use the resulting collection of transforms as a perform, and then use the item rotated as a Dummy that rotates anything in a perfectly looping spin.  
You can turn it sideways, upside down, or not use it at all; and just add a perform to the Tire or Blades, or whatever.  
Just make sure the item being rotated is Centered for it's Pivot.

The shorter the space on the timeline the faster the rotation:
ie..  0 Frame 1, 179 Frame 60, 358 at Frame 90, and 0 at Frame 120 will produce a fairly fast 4 second spin.  This can be stretched to slow it down, it can be shrunk to speed it up. BUT, it will always give you a perfect loop if the FOUR transform KEYS are collected as a NEW Perform command..

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "
Edited
8 Years Ago by Cricky
richard666
richard666
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

thank you so much.......you know i bet there are lots of people wanting to know about this but maybe afraid to ask....i hope it helps everyone. again thank you for your effort and advice.
richard666
richard666
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

thank you for your reply. best wishes

Reading This Topic