Profile Picture

Noob Install Issue

Posted By SoCal Bryan 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
SoCal Bryan
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (298 reputation)Senior Member (298 reputation)Senior Member (298 reputation)Senior Member (298 reputation)Senior Member (298 reputation)Senior Member (298 reputation)Senior Member (298 reputation)Senior Member (298 reputation)Senior Member (298 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Hi all. I purchased CTA2 Pipeline w/ bonus pack, Pipeline Template & Tools, CTA2 Training DVD download, G2 Power Tools v1-4, Talking Lips, Motion Library v.1-4, Motion Profiles Communication, Facial Expression Clips v.1-2, and Acting Workshop v.1-2.

I successfully downloaded & installed the core program, and am currently downloading the update patch.

1)I can't find how to access the bonus pack content or where the installer put it.
2)I can't find where the installer put the training DVD or where to access it.
3) The "Pipeline Template & Tools" just unzipped a folder in my download folder. Do I need to put it in a specific place to use it? It contains another zip file titled "Flash Actor Naming List_Sprite_Pivot_Pose.ods". It also contains "Dummy_Template.fla", "Dummy_Template.swf", and "Check Hand Pose.ctmotion. When I unzipped the "Flash Actor Naming..." file, it placed another zip in the folder with an identical title, but with .cpgz after the .ods extension. If I try to unzip the .cpgz it creates a duplicate of the first zip. How do I use this?
4)I haven't even downloaded any of the content purchases yet since my rural ISP is taking quite awhile to download the CTA2 update patch, so I might need to ask questions once I download and attempt to install those.

I'm writing on a Saturday, hoping I can get forum help without having to wait to get Reallusion support on Monday.
I appreciate any help forum member can give.

SoCal Bryan
SoCal Bryan
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (298 reputation)Senior Member (298 reputation)Senior Member (298 reputation)Senior Member (298 reputation)Senior Member (298 reputation)Senior Member (298 reputation)Senior Member (298 reputation)Senior Member (298 reputation)Senior Member (298 reputation)

OK Issue #2 resolved...I found the DVD through Finder search. The .dmg installers installed a CrazyTalk .exe in applications (which I saw) AND a separate folder titled "Reallusion" way down my apps list so I didn't see it. That folder holds a CTA2 uninstaller and the training DVD folder. Still trying to resolve the rest. I suspect the bonus pack might be the characters, props, etc. that installed, so I shouldn't be able to find where it went.
Edited
8 Years Ago by SoCal Bryan
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
SoCal Bryan (1/10/2016)

1)I can't find how to access the bonus pack content or where the installer put it.
It will install various objects in various places depending upon the objects. Characters go under the actor tab, props under scene, animations in animations, etc.
Some items will also only show up when in Character Composer Mode.

3) The "Pipeline Template & Tools" just unzipped a folder in my download folder. Do I need to put it in a specific place to use it?
Place it anywhere you want.
They are reference files for working in Adobe Flash or Serif DrawPlus.

4)I haven't even downloaded any of the content purchases yet since my rural ISP is taking quite awhile to download the CTA2 update patch, so I might need to ask questions once I download and attempt to install those.
Ask away, that is what the forum is for.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

jlittle
jlittle
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Also, when you are using the RL Installer (used on .rld files) then at the end of the install there is a button to view the log file of the installation.
It will tell you everything installed and where it put it.

Jeff

Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!

tonk
tonk
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
I request to rename "jittle" to "crittle" because he always has critical contributions and his
posts do always advance the community, Reallusion and the single user to a better place
when using CTA2.
I love his articles and they speak from the bottom of my heart.
Thank you, Jittle.
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

@Tonk - lol Thanks for the kudos! I do what I can.

Jeff

SoCal Bryan
SoCal Bryan
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

My old MacBook Pro was getting too slow, and I wanted a desktop, so I bought a new Mac Mini, and started the entire install process anew. The only thing I'm not finding is part of my Talking Lips install. The detail viewer shows me file names and item category of installed items. That helped me find the Scene>Props items. However, I can't find the Head>Mouth items (realistic lips, stylized lips). From the content manager, there is no tab listed as "head" with a mouth folder. There is a head folder in the Actor tab, but there's no mouth subfolder under template or custom. The file names for the items I can't find have the path PartHead\Mouth\Talking Lips\... Where do I access these items within the interface? I suspected perhaps from Character Composer, but I can't figure out how to access that either since it's grayed out. I haven't watched the tutorials or training DVD I purchased yet, and hope that might get me on the path. Between getting all my software, etc installed on my new computer and being sick I just haven't had time until now. Right now I'm still working on getting the new computer setup correctly and making sure I have everything I'm supposed to. I'd appreciate any guidance for finding the talking lips content.

jlittle
jlittle
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Bryan,

You will only find those items when you are in the Character Composer Mode since that are body parts for characters and not props.
Take a character into Composer mode then click on the Head tab. There you will find the Mouth group.

The directory is "...\Reallusion\Template\CrazyTalk Animator 2\PartHead\Mouth".

Jeff

GeneJordan
GeneJordan
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
I am also a noobie and purchased CTA2... I got it and the patched downloaded no problem, had some fun and purchased the G2 Power Tools 1-4. I am on the second day trying to download and it seems to be taking 4-ev-er... At one point I thought it was done for volume 1 because it said it was, but then it started all over again. the other volumes will just sit there downloading for 5-6 hours (and I don't have a slow connection)

Is the slow download normal?
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

No, it should not take that long. Sounds like something is wrong.
I would check with support and have them help you with the issue.

Jeff

Reading This Topic