Profile Picture

What's the gap for iClone 6 users to achieve this?

Posted By pmaina 8 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.

Author
mtakerkart
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
Because I've my last child be 4 years old , we see lot of time this kind of video , made with Iclone with dozen of millions vues:

Like I said before : What is good???
wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
pmaina (1/9/2016)
Wendy's Iclone video with 937K Views - despite similar comments! I am speechless! This is definitely a genre.

Another one with 779K views

All made with earlier versions of iClone. So is this solid proof that the gap is in the user and not the tool? 

no that first one was DAZ studio
and second one some iClone I mostly use Carrara actually

pumeco
pumeco
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago

@pmania
You can't just expect to get lots of views unless you have either :
- A Wendy brain.
- Boobies showing in the YouTube video thumbnail.

Doesn't matter how good your videos are, those are the two ingredients that work, you either need to be a Wendy (offer something out of the norm), or attract via boobies.  I've noticed that Wendy is very modest in some of her comments.  Her work is not "crap" even if she honestly thought they were.  She's lucky in that she has the ability to just go with the flow and not let technical matters spoil her fun.

If you threw her a totally broken software package, she'd still produce a masterpiece with it because she's a Wendy.

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

exactly,  every time i watch a wendy video,  i can feel the fun she had making it,  and you sort of just have fun watching her have fun!

what makes it extra unique,  is that she is doing some great shots in the process,  if you took any one of her videos and made it a still,  it would be very good quality. 

jarretttowe
jarretttowe
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
But does youtube compensate her for these? I hope so.
wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)

I initially earnt a fair bit on the cat video (the DAZ studio one) that enabled me to buy Zbrush which I still have not figured out, I prefer Carrara vertex modelling
but it soon dwindled
most my stuff not monetised, cannot be bothered with all the issues proving my own work associated with it.
I do this for fun not money and do not take it seriously at all so never going to be the pro user w00t
I only posted in response to the comments on views and showing Youtube views does not equal quality

pumeco
pumeco
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)

@Wendy
It would have to be some serious amount of work for me to ignore monetisation on YouTube!

I don't think I'd be able to live with the thought of letting Google away with a single penny that I could have earned on my videos if I had any.  Sounds typical of Google-style manipulation, piss-off the uploaders so much that they cannot be bothered to monetise.  Makes me wonder what on earth they're asking you to do (and you shouldn't need to prove anything unless there's a complaint).  If one video enabled you to buy ZBrush, wow, you must be letting them away with an absolute fortune with the amount of stuff you upload and accumulated views!

Better in your pocket where it belongs, Wendy, and it's your work after all!

pumeco
pumeco
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Yes, but I don't want to create stuff like Wendy, we have a Wendy to create stuff like Wendy!

VirtualMedia
VirtualMedia
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
planetstardragon (1/9/2016)
that's easy,  with custom morphs.   

I finally figured out why the smiles on iclone characters look so sterile,   there is no cheek animation -  without the cheeks curling up,  it looks like a robotic smile. 

what we need overhauled is better ways to access and animate the morphs beyond the limited sets of profiles we are allowed to create in 3DX5.      it's possible,  just severely restricted.

Absolutely 113% agree! There's many valid points on this thread but the sterile robotic open shut mouth and eyes is a believe-ability killer.  Continued improvements to the realtime render engine will always be a plus, but lifelike expressions would make have a huge impact on the quality of likable IC movies. Cheek curling, improved jaw movement / rotation, cheek expansion / puff, lip rolls, eye and brow improvements ...

I posted this ex in wishful features, notice there's no great rendering, lighting, texturing... but it's very pleasing to watch.

Virtual Media® / VTV® / The Virtual Entertainment Network...
http://VTVLive.com
Edited
8 Years Ago by VirtualMedia
pumeco
pumeco
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

sw00000p (1/10/2016)
pumeco (1/10/2016)

Yes, but I don't want to create stuff like Wendy, we have a Wendy to create stuff like Wendy!

Nobody is suggesting you create anything like anyone else.
You wanted to learn how to fine tune springs.... You can learn a lot from Ms. Wendy.  (A Carrara User).

Focus on how things are done and learn your software of choice's TOOLS.... to duplicate the technique.
Get your feet wet.... then take off the training wheels and MAKE IT WORK the way you want it to! Wink

Fine Tuning a spring is very simple.... if you know how to use Blender's TOOLS!
It's not rocket science!Pinch

I know that, but I don't want to learn blender's rigging tools (not for use with iClone) - I'd be better off learning to rig in DAZ Studio because the Genesis figure I'm importing is native to that program Tongue
Anyway, I've posted a reply for you in the other thread, so please reply there or we'll both get an arse-kicking for hijacking this one!

Reading This Topic