Profile Picture

What's the gap for iClone 6 users to achieve this?

Posted By pmaina 8 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
pmaina
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
what I noted..
Technical:
1. Avatar quality (is this about textures only)?
2. Mocap quality - they used ipisoft
3. Render quality 
4. Good NLE

Non-technical
1. Art direction & cinematography
2. Camera techniques
3. Script quality
4. Directing quality
5. Use of audio

Watch & discuss.

Behind the scenes

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
if you do a search on youtube for "Mary had a little lamb"   -  the top video was 103 million.    the low videos either had no views or under 100 views,  but were pretty much similar to the 103 million.   -  whats needed to fill the gap between the videos that had like 10 views that looked the same as the 103 million views ?

the point of this post,  the video you are praising looks like footage from a bunch of  video games you can get on steam for under 10 dollars.

the most important thing you "Need"  is for people to feel great about watching your video.   - quality, skill, talent ...all fly out the window with good marketing lol

why,  i'm willing to bet that people will buy rocks and make pets out of them with a good story!! 

This is why all my art is scientifically designed to improve the consumers health!  Cool

Edited
8 Years Ago by planetstardragon
animatom
animatom
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
I dont think it is a gap at all... (if you talking about quality of the video, not about numbers of views) In fact, I think that iClone in right hands, with good post-production, can do significantly better. This video have some very visible problems with textures and shadows, facial animations, with overall visuals. 

wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Source filmmaker uses the team fortress and half life game engine enabling video capture and animation like machinima but with more control rather like iclone but using their game models as assets.
You can do the same thing in Unity or Unreal with Matinee.
There was good compositing used, soundtrack and effects but these are basics of any good production.
A hand drawn cartoon animated with CT animator would be just as slick with the right post production, just think SouthPark for example.

jarretttowe
jarretttowe
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Yeah this looks good. Great lighting on the red scene. I'm adding unity to my iclone arsenal. The vegetation and pbr rendering are too good to ignore. I know this isn't a unity project, but the unity asset store has won me over. Plus the blender integration is really nice.
Edited
8 Years Ago by jarretttowe
animagic
animagic
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 38 minutes ago
animatom (1/8/2016)
I dont think it is a gap at all... (if you talking about quality of the video, not about numbers of views) In fact, I think that iClone in right hands, with good post-production, can do significantly better. This video have some very visible problems with textures and shadows, facial animations, with overall visuals. 

There have been many examples of that over the years. Not making a video at all is the biggest gap, methinks.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

animatom
animatom
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)

There have been many examples of that over the years. Not making a video at all is the biggest gap, methinks.

Couldn't agree more... 

alemar
alemar
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)

ALEMAR GAMES MARKETPLACE STORE

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
animagic (1/9/2016)

+1

True wisdom indeed.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

pmaina
pmaina
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
planetstardragon (1/8/2016)
the most important thing you "Need"  is for people to feel great about watching your video.

I agree - but... is that the same as saying...

[quote]
   - quality, skill, talent ...all fly out the window with good marketing /quote]?

I think if that statement were true there would be no box office bombs outta hollywood. No?

Reading This Topic