Soft cloths for Bed duvet?

Posted By Dan@3DIM 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Dan@3DIM
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I am try to made a pillow and duvet in Iclone 6.. But it seem that I do it wrong or there are bug in soft clothes tool?

It keeping go very flat or very bouncy... Or "ghostly " pull duvet out of bed very quick.

I've look in manual and it don't improve the result.
Cricky
Cricky
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Some of the Old Physics (Bullet) worked best, but you have to use one or the other in iClone6; I have been told by Reallusion not to mix the two types (Bullet and PhysX), as they don't get along well in the same room/project (so to speak).  

If there was an option to turn off the Bullet Soft Cloth physics and retain the recording in a switched PhysX project, the possibilities would be enormous, but alas that does not seem to be the goal or possibility as the program stands.

In Bullet the pillows would inflate based on pinning, whereas PhysX has a limitation without prior shaping of the mesh.  That would be for Duvets, Pillows, Quilts, or tufted surfaces.
This is Bullet Physics shown "inflating" a flat surface.

PhysX can be nudged to do what you want with the right pinning, but it would take a mesh designed for this, in order to get decent results.  I can do a test later, to see what comes out of it, but it will take time to get a tufted or thickened Duvet or pillow using PhysX, but surely possible.

daniel_98 (1/7/2016)
I am try to made a pillow and duvet in Iclone 6.. But it seem that I do it wrong or there are bug in soft clothes tool?

It keeping go very flat or very bouncy... Or "ghostly " pull duvet out of bed very quick.

I've look in manual and it don't improve the result.

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "
Dan@3DIM
Dan@3DIM
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Thank cricky! I didn't know there are duel physics engine!

Tomorrow I shall try this out.

Your pillows look perfect! That what I was looking for.
Dan@3DIM
Dan@3DIM
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Just got on my pc and straight away to change the engine to bullet... PhysX tab gone.

There are no tab for Physic on any of object in the scene.. How can I add that to my model? I've Google through the website and cant find any information about that part, only the part where I need to use prop object instead of static model. is that correct?

How can I made a pillow mesh from 3DX into a soft body out of iclone6 bullet engine?
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
You can have only the bullet OR the PhysX engine -- you can't have both.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Dan@3DIM
Dan@3DIM
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Do that mean I need go back to physx and delete those physics before switch to bullet? I think so I haven't remove it yet.
Dan@3DIM
Dan@3DIM
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6cabce1d-f0a0-40be-aefc-4521.jpg

How can I run the simulation and adjust then bake the simulation?
Left side have a physic tab and right side do not, that what I mean just in case. 
animagic
animagic
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
To be clear (if it wasn't), Bullet was the physics engine used in iClone 5. In iClone 6, the Bullet engine has been included to be able to run iClone 5 projects that use Bullet physics. However, you cannot create new projects in iClone 6 that use Bullet; you have to do it with PhysX.

Soft-cloth baking is only possible with PhysX, so that option will not be available when you select Bullet.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
daniel_98 (1/16/2016)
How can I run the simulation and adjust then bake the simulation?
Left side have a physic tab and right side do not, that what I mean just in case. 

Under the "project" tab, you will find physics settings where you can enable/disable soft-cloth baking. When it's enabled, your cloth will bake whenever you run. So, you keep running it till it's behaving as you like, and then turn its physics off in the physics tab. Then the last bake is retained as a motion clip.

Dan@3DIM
Dan@3DIM
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Then how can I do pillow using physx just like what cricky did?

If animagic were telling truth then I do not have Iclone 5 to do that. That mean I was stuck with physx engine because I am new. Otherwise, please tell me whatever I can do that pillows or not.

Reading This Topic