Profile Picture

I watched to Crazy Talk tutorial videos--- what about the hair?

Posted By rampart 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

I watched to Crazy Talk tutorial videos--- what about the hair?

Author
rampart
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
I haven't found any information on use of original image hair with edited crazy talk heads.
IS The CT8 just for production of high quality bald heads?
Trying to fit 3rd party hair from scratch or by applying other hair has got to be a nuisance.
There are millions of hair styles and choices  Now it makes sense the party pack bit with all those hair choices.
Producing hair is a pain that is why so many people buy hair.
Hair is also expensive to buy, because it takes alot of work to get it just right.  

Are we going to get a similar point and encompass tool to apply the hair that is on the original heads prior to CT edits?

IMO, we should be able to apply hair from the original image just as easy as we can modify the faces.
Yet, that feature does not appear to be included in CT8.  
The CT8 is not a complete application without that ability. 

I'm OK with original hair for projects I have in mind, if it is close enough to original even if it isn't perfect hair.

I have learned not to be amazed by new software until I really think about how everything really works.
Just finding good facial images you can use for front and side views requires alot of browsing.
Couple that with trying to find the right hair choice.

Yes, CT8 looks amazing, otherwise. 

Edited
9 Years Ago by rampart
animatedbeing
animatedbeing
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (853 reputation)Veteran Member (853 reputation)Veteran Member (853 reputation)Veteran Member (853 reputation)Veteran Member (853 reputation)Veteran Member (853 reputation)Veteran Member (853 reputation)Veteran Member (853 reputation)Veteran Member (853 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
The hair solutions are good for caucasian characters. We shouldn't have to pay extra to get a short afro or curly hairstyle..
rampart
rampart
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)

animatedbeing (12/20/2015)
The hair solutions are good for caucasian characters. We shouldn't have to pay extra to get a short afro or curly hairstyle..

We should have tools within CT8 for configuration of the hair from the original image.  If you can do the face with CT8, the hair should not be a problem.

rampart
rampart
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

animatedbeing (12/20/2015)

We should have tools within CT8 for configuration of the hair from the original image.  If you can do the face with CT8, the hair should not be a problem.
At least we can use some of the hair from other 3d applications by passing them through 3dxchange.

The party pack is prepared with an assortment of hair and stuff, but that is another $79 on top of what you have already spent for a very limited application.
I have absolutely no use for clown hair, crazy hats and off beat stuff.

http://www.reallusion.com/ContentStore/CT/Pack/PartyFun-HairsAccessories/default.aspx

Edited
9 Years Ago by rampart
wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
yes the hair is very limited and a proprietary format.
I hope that does not limit one to bought hairs, as nice as they may be there is no way every unique hairdo can be catered for, I myself rely heavily on adapting the 3D mesh in a modeller using export mesh or photo editing textures to get ones that resemble people I know,
I found the 2D face fitting familiar to what I am used to in CT animator (I only have standard of that but still more flexible than CT8 as can import props and accessories at least as images)
I like the in house 3D faces but it appears I have to export them to CC and iClone if I want to change hairs etc as there is no reverse option, you need a *.ctm file and no way to make one.

rampart
rampart
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Wendy
I have exported Daz3d prop hair using obj and fbx formats into 3dxchange.
The hair seems to be just another prop so I adjust with the sliders in Iclone for fit.
Just like IClone hair once you get it loaded into Iclone.
Also, you can do the soft physics on it as well. 
Isn't that hard to do, just takes time going through the processes.

I think I will stay with CT7 pro.  It works well enough and the finished character doesn't have to be bald.
Yes, I realize there are better tools in CT8, but the quality of the finished video in CT7 is good enough for youtube viewers.
Most people don't watch in HD, because it is too slow waiting for the buffering.
IMO, CT8 is not finished application.  .

Edited
9 Years Ago by rampart
royfriend2011
royfriend2011
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (490 reputation)Senior Member (490 reputation)Senior Member (490 reputation)Senior Member (490 reputation)Senior Member (490 reputation)Senior Member (490 reputation)Senior Member (490 reputation)Senior Member (490 reputation)Senior Member (490 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Yes I have Crazy Talk 8 pro I like but disappointed a little, No hair No eyes and No teeth, I don't have 80 dollars. For hair, I have a lot of baldies, I got the  32 Styles - Bonus for CrazyTalk 8 Essential Bundle I thought I was getting some deal, But when I use them They have a water mark with the Crazy talk in the front of everything, Just don't know what to do about it,
wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
yes Rampart I can and do use DAZ and other hair in iClone but I wanted hair for CT8 renders too as the semi 3D CT effect is far better than face fitting in iClone for animating photographs and certainly runs rings around the CT 2D heads I was used to for this.
Sadly though they will need to used supplied hairs or be bald.

rampart
rampart
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

wendyluvscatz (12/21/2015)
yes Rampart I can and do use DAZ and other hair in iClone but I wanted hair for CT8 renders too as the semi 3D CT effect is far better than face fitting in iClone for animating photographs and certainly runs rings around the CT 2D heads I was used to for this.
Sadly though they will need to used supplied hairs or be bald.

I shared what I have been doing.  I suspected you were already aware of the hair thing, but I thought what the heck.  Other users might not be as savvy.

I always appreciate your comments. 

Merry Christmas

Edited
9 Years Ago by rampart
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 8 hours ago
rampart (12/20/2015)

Are we going to get a similar point and encompass tool to apply the hair that is on the original heads prior to CT edits?

IMO, we should be able to apply hair from the original image just as easy as we can modify the faces.
Yet, that feature does not appear to be included in CT8.  
The CT8 is not a complete application without that ability.

CrazyTalk 8 still includes the traditional 2D functionality so you still can use photos with full hair but the model will need to be 2D.

CrazyTalk 8 Pro/Pipeline 3D models will generally have no hair or only very closely cropped hair like the Alberto character below.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c1a6862b-57c8-4e4d-93bd-36ca.jpg

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic