Moving Custom Folders to a different hard drive

Posted By Snarp Farkle 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
animagic
Posted 5 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (26.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 hours ago
@similarly: The SharedDlls location has to do with the program itself (not the content) so those should NEVER be changed. It's good you were unable to, otherwise you would have broken all RL products.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1f3bed13-1788-45e1-9ace-4fd0.jpg

Peaches Chrenko
Peaches Chrenko
Posted 3 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
Kelleytoons (5/23/2021)
Over the years I've come to the conclusion the easiest way is just to use the Hub and uninstall and reinstall (and during the reinstall specify the folders you want).

You won't lose anything (although it's always good to have your stuff backed up anyway) and it's quick and painless.  MUCH easier and with less risk than messing with the registry (which I used to do all the time).

The Hub pretty well manages things so this is now the only way I recommend to folks.

BigGrinSmileRolleyesThanks so much for this update! Very HelpfulSmileBigGrinRolleyes

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

iBUYPOWER Phantom Gamer WA502i Desktop PC: Win 10 64bit - Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 24GB RAM (max 32 GB) - Intel Skylake Core i5-6600K Quad-Core Processor - 3.50 GHz,  (Max Turbo Speed of 3.90 GHz),  Int HD 1TB & WD 1TB Int HD

Reading This Topic