Posted By Eric (RL) 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

CrazyTalk 8 - Start Learning with Video Tutorials! [Updated 12/31]

Author
Eric (RL)
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Got your hands on CrazyTalk 8? Then start learning its powerful animation capabilities through our video tutorials!

CrazyTalk 8 Tutorial - Intro to Scene Atmosphere

Aside from your character, you can also customize your scene and environment in tons of different ways. CrazyTalk 8 has introduced Atmosphere settings, which allow you to apply different lighting, physics, and wind settings to your project. In this tutorial, you'll learn all about how to apply these to your scene and customize the various aspects to achieve the results that you want. 

CrazyTalk 8 Tutorial - Clothing, Accessories and Hair

Customizing your characters is a fun part of using CrazyTalk for your animation projects! There are limitless combinations of quirky character looks that you can achieve by adding various accessories, hairstyles, and clothing to your character. In this tutorial, you'll learn all about how to apply and customize the embedded hair, accessories, and clothing both in CrazyTalk 8 and in Photoshop.

CrazyTalk 8 Tutorial - Enhancing Photo Fitting Eyes

Once you've finished photo fitting your character, you will likely want to replace the automatically generated eyes to avoid giving your character too many eyelids! You can do this by importing eye templates from the Content Manager, but if you want to keep more of the look and character of your original eyes, you can export your eye texture to Photoshop for some serious eye editing. In this video, you'll learn about a couple of simple steps you can take in Photoshop to refine your original eye texture map to get rid of the common issues from photo fitting.

CrazyTalk 8 Tutorial - Customizing Eyes and Teeth

In this tutorial, you'll learn about the basic make up of character teeth and eyes, as well as how to customize them using their respective settings panels. You'll also learn a couple of bonus tips on how to use Photoshop to give your character some interesting looking teeth. This is an important step towards creating a good 3D head from a 2D photo!

CrazyTalk 8 Tutorial - Intro to UI and Environment

Whether you're completely new to CrazyTalk or you're a veteran user, this video contains some useful tips on how to become familiar with the UI and environment in CrazyTalk 8. Along the way, you'll learn some super useful hotkeys to enhance and speed up your workflow.

CrazyTalk 8 Tutorial - One Image 3D Face Fitting

Learn all the basics of image 3D Face Fitting with this starter tutorial that will introduce all the tools, gizmos and tips on the best kind of images for 3D face fitting in CrazyTalk 8.

CrazyTalk 8 Tutorial - Two Images 3D Face Fitting

CrazyTalk 8 is also an incredibly powerful 3D head generation tool that allows you to map 2 separate facial images (front and side-facing) to a single 3D head. This tutorial will take you through the steps for setting your fitting points and then blending the texture of your images onto your 3D model for a smooth and natural look.

CrazyTalk 8 Tutorial - Importing RLHead to iClone CC Characters

iClone v6.3 is a major step forward with its ability to open and save 3D heads created with CrazyTalk 8 Pipeline and grafted on to any of iClone CC Characters. Learn how to do this with the following tutorial.

Jump to the 9:22 to start learning immediately, or use the following link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDhB1IQHUFU&t=9m23s#

Eric (RL)
Forum Moderator

Reallusion, Inc.
https://forum.reallusion.com

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - Leonardo da Vinci
Edited
9 Years Ago by Eric (RL)
redrubyslippers
redrubyslippers
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
ok thanks for the tuts very impressive, now what i want to see is a detailed tutorial form RL showing the integration from CT to CC, i downloaded the demo but the results that i did were very less than anticipated, and looked nothing like the face i worked on when converted to cc, ive yet to commit to buying the product  and ive only got so many converts left on the demo, it is a great piece of software indeed , i just need a little encouragement so come on rl , wheres that tutorial

RRS
Edited
9 Years Ago by redrubyslippers
Eric (RL)
Eric (RL)
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)

Hi redrubyslippers,

Added a new video that talks about importing RLHead to iClone 6 and Character Creator. You can check out the video with this direct link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDhB1IQHUFU&t=9m23s#

However, since CrazyTalk 8 and iClone uses different rendering engine, the result may look slightly different even though the mesh is exactly the same. To match what you see on CrazyTalk 8, try giving it a brighter scene lighting, and changes the focal distance of the camera lens to something far: like 200mm. You should be able to get a pretty close result.

Eric (RL)
Forum Moderator

Reallusion, Inc.

Edited
9 Years Ago by Eric (RL)
redrubyslippers
redrubyslippers
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

hi thanks for the video,hmmm  it still gives not very good results when migrated to iclone.. i did a pretty good head of sly stallone in CT  but the migration was awful.. looked nothing like the figure in CT.. could have sworn it had downs syndrome.. i noticed your reply..................

""However, since CrazyTalk 8 and iClone uses different rendering engine, the result may look slightly different even though the mesh is exactly the same. To match what you see on CrazyTalk 8, try giving it a brighter scene lighting, and changes the focal distance of the camera lens to something far: like 200mm. You should be able to get a pretty close result.""

200 mm far... no thats not what im after..well ive almost run out of exports now with the demo, ..ill have to see much more results with better likeness before i commit to buying,, yet again im disappointed, that it doesnt do it for me, dont get me wrong its a good product , but it just doesnt  do what it says on the tin for me at this time

RRS
Eric (RL)
Eric (RL)
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi redrubyslippers!

It also could be that when you transfer the character's head to CC, the character already contains morph data. I would suggest that you try resetting the character to the default morph, as described in this post:

https://forum.reallusion.com/264554/How-to-get-a-exact-likeness-when-bringing-CT-8-head-into-CC

Eric (RL)
Forum Moderator

Reallusion, Inc.

redrubyslippers
redrubyslippers
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks...I'll have a good look at this,see if it helps

RRS
niceblinkluck
niceblinkluck
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
im very interested in making a drawn cartoon using crazytalk 8 ...now the face creation I can see is easy....but if I have a female cartoon character with long hair how do I go about it? its no good sticking on hair for regular characters from a library because the difference in styles would be vast.
it would be good if I could create my own cartoon hair styles and use them
AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
niceblinkluck (2/5/2016)
im very interested in making a drawn cartoon using crazytalk 8 ...now the face creation I can see is easy....but if I have a female cartoon character with long hair how do I go about it? its no good sticking on hair for regular characters from a library because the difference in styles would be vast.
it would be good if I could create my own cartoon hair styles and use them

If it's truly to be a "drawn cartoon", you might be better off with the 2D face creation as opposed to the 3D creation.  3D will leave you with a bald character, and little to no decent choices for hair, whereas the 2D creation will use whatever hair is already "drawn" onto your figure.

I'd like to see tutorials on how the cartoon man as well as the man in the painting included with CT8 were created...
Edited
8 Years Ago by wizaerd
niceblinkluck
niceblinkluck
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
ah...thought this maybe the case...I wanted to have a drawn cartoon character front and side view head with long hair then send it over to Iclone. to make a full character... I now see my only option is to have a bald woman  ...and animate the drawn hair over it in other software....its a bit drawn out.
AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
niceblinkluck (2/6/2016)
ah...thought this maybe the case...I wanted to have a drawn cartoon character front and side view head with long hair then send it over to Iclone. to make a full character... I now see my only option is to have a bald woman  ...and animate the drawn hair over it in other software....its a bit drawn out.

In the promo videos and information, they have a "drawn" character that they turned into a fully "drawn" 3d character via the iClone pipeline, but have never given any information on how to do it.  iClone does have toon shading, but I'm willing to bet the fully drawn character pipeline will only be viable for realistically drawn characters, and not necessarily a "toon" character.  That is if they ever reveal the mystery of the "drawn" character, as well as the man in the painting character.  It's not uncommon at all for RL's marketing and promo material to be completely misleading.

Reading This Topic