CrazyTalk 8 Known Issues & Technical Issues Report

Posted By Eric (RL) 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Eric (RL)
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Hi all! 

Here you will find currently known issues with CrazyTalk 8, as well as notices when exporting 3D head and script to iClone. Feel free to share any other issues you have encountered in this post!

1. Trouble with exporting video: If you have trouble outputting video, try running CrazyTalk 8 in Administrator mode to solve this issue.

Note: This issue is fixed with a new version: 8.0.1218.2, re-download your CrazyTalk 8 via the order history by logging into your member account! 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/35e22249-e5d6-48ba-9a2b-a372.jpg

2. Eyeball Issue

The character's eyeball design is slightly different between iClone and CrazyTalk 8. In CrazyTalk 8, each eyeball has its own texture, so the left eyeball can look different from right eyeball depending on the images used during the 3D head creation process. Whereas in iClone and Character Creator, there is only one single texture, and the left eyeball is a mirror copy of the right eyeball. 

CrazyTalk 8 Eyeball Diffuse Texture:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/be9ebb82-1983-479d-890f-0b7d.jpg

iClone 6 Eyeball Diffuse Texture

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4e0ed62f-e592-4016-9f61-82bb.jpg

When transferring the rlHead you created in CrazyTalk 8 Pipeline to iClone or Character Creator, the eyes may look slightly different between the two software. However, this issue can be quickly remedied if you apply a new set of CC eye to your transferred head, or when you apply a set of eye to your original head creation in CrazyTalk 8

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/34775ed7-e921-4776-8cf9-dcbb.png

To apply a new eyeball to your character in Character Creator:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9d456126-6e8f-4a57-8c87-ddb2.png

You can also adjust the eyeball by using the morph panel in Character Creator. Simply search for "eye" to see a list of eye morphing options.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5852a848-2778-4ab6-baaf-7698.png

Eric (RL)
Forum Moderator

Reallusion, Inc.
https://forum.reallusion.com

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - Leonardo da Vinci
Edited
9 Years Ago by Eric (RL)
Alien Maniac
Alien Maniac
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Nice one RL.....
BUT
CT8Pipeline Crashes constantly. Even set up my 3d card and such as run admin.
Also isn't full body 3d supposed to show a full 360 view? I am only getting 10 degree front/ side view turns.
I will experiment later this weekend and um read the manual. LOL

Thanks for the nice program, I hope to use it soon. If I can get it to stop crashing....LOL

MSI GE66 Raider, Intel 10th Gen, I7, SC Turbo to 5.3 GHZ, 240HZ, 64GB 3300 Ram,  2x 1TB M2 SSD Drives, NVIDIA GPU RTX 2070/8GB, 55" Sony 4K Monitor  External data drives total 7 TB. and an AUDIO Studio Recording system.

Alien Maniac
Alien Maniac
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)

Here is a problem or two....???.
CT8P errors in Win 10 Pro REGISTRY

Wow6432Node
-----------
The "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\DefaultIcon" key references the missing "C:\Program Files\Reallusion\CrazyTalk 8\ico" icon. The reference should be deleted so that Windows will not waste time looking for the icon.

Missing shared "LiveUpdateSC.exe" file

Under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs", the registry references the missing "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Reallusion\LiveUpdate\LiveUpdateSC.exe" shared file.

Organic Auto Motion Samplers    
Natural Facial Performance Vol. 2    
Facial Expression Clips Vol. 2    
Auto Animation Library Vol.1    
Social Emoticon (Windows)
Bouncy Buddies
The Grubbies
Business Avatars Vol.1

MSI GE66 Raider, Intel 10th Gen, I7, SC Turbo to 5.3 GHZ, 240HZ, 64GB 3300 Ram,  2x 1TB M2 SSD Drives, NVIDIA GPU RTX 2070/8GB, 55" Sony 4K Monitor  External data drives total 7 TB. and an AUDIO Studio Recording system.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Bray42 (12/19/2015)

Just checking????
Do we need to reinstall all of our packs into CT 8 P? I have these for CT 7 Pro.

Organic Auto Motion Samplers    
Natural Facial Performance Vol. 2    
Facial Expression Clips Vol. 2    
Auto Animation Library Vol.1    
Social Emoticon (Windows)
Bouncy Buddies
The Grubbies
Business Avatars Vol.1

If you want to install your CrazyTalk 7 content in CrazyTalk 8, it is advised to use the Universal Content Downloader rather than manually copying over the content. You can find the download links for the Content Downloader in your Member Account under "Order History".

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Bray42 (12/18/2015)
Nice one RL.....
BUT
CT8Pipeline Crashes constantly. Even set up my 3d card and such as run admin.
Also isn't full body 3d supposed to show a full 360 view? I am only getting 10 degree front/ side view turns.
I will experiment later this weekend and um read the manual. LOL

Thanks for the nice program, I hope to use it soon. If I can get it to stop crashing....LOL

If you are having crashing problems, please contact Technical Support using the link below and please supply your dxdiag.txt.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.aspx

Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)

When I try to fit a side view it does not work as seen in  the videos.
i Can not place the dots it just messes up  the face.
63% of original size (was 800x496) - Click to enlargehttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fb13cdf0-9c4a-46e6-a37c-9d73.png
63% of original size (was 800x496) - Click to enlargehttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4a15d78b-f624-417a-87dc-5a18.png

Also CrazyTalk had several issues after I applied eyes to my character resulting in the character disappearing from the screen.
Also I have had a few crashes when hitting apply.
Pressing undo gave me back my character but with no audio, he mouths the words but audio gone.

I Make My Mates Do The CanCan For The Amusement Of Killer RobotsBigGrin
Edited
9 Years Ago by bluemidget666
Alien Maniac
Alien Maniac
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

ERIC

I do not see this update anywhere else even with CT8P update.......
"Note: This issue is fixed with a new version: 8.0.1218.2, re-download your CrazyTalk 8 via the order history by logging into your member account!"
I re-downloaded CT8P from the Order History, installed it...All OK there. Still crashes badly.

ALSO, all of my packs for CT 7 Pro.......I re-downloaded and installed into CT 8 Pipeline.
Nice....all OK but CT8P still crashing after loading and/or startup. Sending DXDIAG.TXT info to support. NOTE: CT7Pro works fine.

Q: What is in the Bonus pack in CT8P (pre release sale?)

NOTE:
This pack will not install into CT8 Pipeline (installed back to CT7Pro) I checked the CT8P dir files too.
Name: CrazyTalk Voice Script Pack - Social Emoticon

Pack includes: 
  Voice Script x 50
System Requirement
===============
CrazyTalk 7.1 or above is required.

Notice
=====
If you want to backup your files, you might find it in the following path:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Reallusion\
Template\CrazyTalk7 Template\Voice Script\Samples\Social Emoticon

bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)

Forget about the side fitting issues that was me being dumb.
The eyes issue is there though often my character disappears after clicking on new eyes.

I Make My Mates Do The CanCan For The Amusement Of Killer RobotsBigGrin
animagic
animagic
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
I just checked and still no version 8.0.1218.2.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
animagic (12/20/2015)
I just checked and still no version 8.0.1218.2.

It is there, it's simply mislabeled.
Per Eric (RL)... https://forum.reallusion.com/FindPost264429.aspx

I double-checked (actually triple-checked) and I do have ".2" installed.

The download page says ".1" but the actual product installed in ".2" as verified via "Help --> About."

Note:  I did my download at 7:00 PM (central time, USA) on December 18... which is 1:00 a.m. December 19 Greenwich Mean Time if I converted correctly.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
9 Years Ago by justaviking

Reading This Topic